Thread: Roycroft Trophy 2013

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World Champion
    Nigel, this is a problem with meetings that have delicate old cars. I have learnt to go on the first day when there is a reasonable chance of them all running. But not necessarily so. I think some owners pop the cars into a garage at the end of the meeting and twelve months later dig them out and expect them to go. There always seems to be a lot of fettling on that first morning.

Don't know whether this was the RA's first meeting, but he did very well with an unsorted car. He was having trouble with the oil feed to the supercharger at one stage. Don't know whether or not this was resolved.
    Last edited by AMCO72; 04-03-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: add

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Don't know whether this was the RA's first meeting, but he did very well with an unsorted car. He was having trouble with the oil feed to the supercharger at one stage. Don't know whether or not this was resolved.
    Yes it was first time out. In fact the car was "Finished" (and I use the term reservedly) on the Thursday night, wheeled onto the trailer for the ride up to Hampton. The first time that it was driven, was from my pit area to the scrutineering bay, where the noise scared the bejeezuz out of the scrutineers. Oil feed sorted (disconnected) but some isues with the blower plumbing (only getting about 2 lbs boost instead of the 16 before the connections disconnected) and a rear wheel bearing issue which sidelined it on the Sunday..All will be remedied as I have promised Fred Courtney that I will give hime something to race against next year (Or at the HRSCC Taupo meet in December)

Quote Originally Posted by Nodiff View Post
    Yes it was first time out. In fact the car was "Finished" (and I use the term reservedly) on the Thursday night, wheeled onto the trailer for the ride up to Hampton. The first time that it was driven, was from my pit area to the scrutineering bay, where the noise scared the bejeezuz out of the scrutineers. Oil feed sorted (disconnected) but some isues with the blower plumbing (only getting about 2 lbs boost instead of the 16 before the connections disconnected) and a rear wheel bearing issue which sidelined it on the Sunday..All will be remedied as I have promised Fred Courtney that I will give hime something to race against next year (Or at the HRSCC Taupo meet in December)
    The car is a credit to you Richard. It looks magnificent. I wish I could hear it running.