Quote Originally Posted by 105angria View Post
What racing can a replica of a great racing car compete in NZ ,would it be limited to regularity , demos ,sprint, and hillclimbs , which is plenty of oppertunitys to use the car i guess
It is possible that the car could be built to comply with MSNZ Schedule K regulations which would enable it to be run (raced) at the likes of the Bruce McLaren and Chris Amon Festival. I have had discussions with a MSNZ Historic Commission member and if it is not possible to built an exact replica under Schedule CR it may be possible to fit it under the Retrospective Special category. The main thing is to use components that would have been available in the period the car is meant to represent - for example, if four pot callipers weren't generally available in the period the Morrari ran then you can't put on four (or six) pot Wilwoods now.
I have emailed Greg and I'm happy to meet with him and someone from MSNZ to try and sort out a way through the regulations before they embark on work that could unfortunately limited the opportunities to use the car.