Thread: PUKEKOHE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Looks to be plenty of grass for Rod to drive on.

Quote Originally Posted by jim short View Post
    Looks to be plenty of grass for Rod to drive on.
    Its just been on the radio now, that a kiwi driver was pulling a fast one on his hot lap, maybe he was using the grass.

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTAXIE50 View Post
    Its just been on the radio now, that a kiwi driver was pulling a fast one on his hot lap, maybe he was using the grass.
    Fabian Coultard I believe. Presume everyone knows it screening on Prime right now.
    As a paying spectator I'm dismayed to see the the circuit is now covered in wire fences a la Hamilton. In fact it appears that in several areas there is a double layer of mesh fencing. How people in the stands can get a clear view of the racing is beyond me.
    Hopefully It'll be removed after the V8's because if it isn't we won't be able to get any decent photos which, for me anyway, means no more Pukekohe.
    Bugger - really hope they come down - but realistically they probably won't.
    Be like hitting a cheese grater for a motorcyclist
    Last edited by nigel watts; 04-13-2013 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel watts View Post
    Fabian Coultard I believe. Presume everyone knows it screening on Prime right now.
    As a paying spectator I'm dismayed to see the the circuit is now covered in wire fences a la Hamilton. In fact it appears that in several areas there is a double layer if mesh fencing. How people in the stands can get a clear view of the racing is beyond me.
    Hopefully It'll be removed after the V8's because if it isn't we won't be able to get any decent photos which, for me anyway, means no more Pukekohe.
    Bugger - really hope they come down - but realistically they probably won't.
    Be like hitting a cheese grater for a motorcyclist
    Yes, where would you get a better start and that first lap they put in and getting over that hill, i dont think hd could better that.

Wonder what Roger H has to say about the concrete walls ???

Quote Originally Posted by jim short View Post
    Wonder what Roger H has to say about the concrete walls ???
    Still can't understand from a functional perspective why they had to use so many concrete barriers around the track - seems to have unnecessarily turned an open circuit into a semi street circuit. Only reason seems to be commercial in that the AV8 share of the "investment" into Pukekohe was the left-overs they got from Hamilton so they had to use all the concrete barriers irrespective of whether they were actually needed. Also, I hear that the concrete barriers and the mesh fencing impedes spectators view in some parts of the track.
    Just in case Jim thinks this is putting the boot in - there are clearly some beneficial improvements made to the circuit but like others I struggle to see where the reputed $10m has gone to - although I hear on the news this morning that Auckland Council has spent $60m in the last two years on PR so maybe PR takes a chunk of Pukekohe's $10m.

When we taxpayers can shell out 2 mil. to have an old wooden boat on the waterfront for ONLY elevin days during the world cup, we give 170 mil. to a tribe not at the talks .Dunedin has backing for two hundred mil. for a rugby grandstand and their team cant win a game this year!!! 6 mil,,10 mill 20 mil who cares

[QUOTE=RogerH;27385]Still can't understand from a functional perspective why they had to use so many concrete barriers around the track - seems to have unnecessarily turned an open circuit into a semi street circuit. Only reason seems to be commercial in that the AV8 share of the "investment" into Pukekohe was the left-overs they got from Hamilton so they had to use all the concrete barriers irrespective of whether they were actually needed. Also, I hear that the concrete barriers and the mesh fencing impedes spectators view in some parts of the track.
    Just in case Jim thinks this is putting the boot in - there are clearly some beneficial improvements made to the circuit but like others I struggle to see where the reputed $10m has gone to - although I hear on the news this morning that Auckland Council has spent $60m in the last two years on PR so maybe PR takes a chunk of Pukekohe's $10m.[/QUOTE They spent $10mill over two years, going to places out of nz.