Thread: Motorsport NZ AGCM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have not spoken to the members from the "Datsun Z Club" that attended the AGM yet - but I am interested to know more about how T&C and Schedule K is seen. My Datsun Z that I am trying to get ready for the coming season (when time and money permits - both of which I am short like so many) is currently nothing more than a rolling caged shell stilling at my parents (don't have room here with another Z in bit in the shed). I have not committed to the brake setup and my suspension has not been setup completely either (coilover only held in place with hose clamps waiting for final ride height etc). All the mods are true to the factory options or period mods. So now with the comments above about T&C should be abandoned/made redundant - what should I do?

I still need to run new brake hard lines and fuel hard lines (inside the car away from the factory location right next to the drive shaft - so a safety mod which should be permitted just on safety grounds along). My car is all factory panels, missing the odd badge (but I have some from the road car that I can install).

So my question is this to those who attended - can I get my car finished and through as a Schedule K "competition sport & gt car" aka group o? The car will be missing some interior that can't be refitted around the cage - a Datsun Z is not that large inside. I do plan to run period brakes and rims that are period replicas (who want to be running on 1970's magnesium rims - 1 they cost a packet, 2. they would be old magnesium rims so that is just dangerous) All the mods I can proof are period mods and I am replicating them as they were. This car I am building will be road legal once I complete it when the $$ are their to go though all the hoops you need to get car with a full cage on the road.

However with the comments about T&C and the like do I just give up now and just focus on getting my road version going and spend time with my young family and forget my hobby of classic racing?
    Last edited by nzeder; 05-26-2013 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nzeder View Post
    I have not spoken to the members from the "Datsun Z Club" that attended the AGM yet - but I am interested to know more about how T&C and Schedule K is seen. My Datsun Z that I am trying to get ready for the coming season (when time and money permits - both of which I am short like so many) is currently nothing more than a rolling caged shell stilling at my parents (don't have room here with another Z in bit in the shed). I have not committed to the brake setup and my suspension has not been setup completely either (coilover only held in place with hose clamps waiting for final ride height etc). All the mods are true to the factory options or period mods. So now with the comments above about T&C should be abandoned/made redundant - what should I do?

I still need to run new brake hard lines and fuel hard lines (inside the car away from the factory location right next to the drive shaft - so a safety mod which should be permitted just on safety grounds along). My car is all factory panels, missing the odd badge (but I have some from the road car that I can install).

So my question is this to those who attended - can I get my car finished and through as a Schedule K "competition sport & gt car" aka group o? The car will be missing some interior that can't be refitted around the cage - a Datsun Z is not that large inside. I do plan to run period brakes and rims that are period replicas (who want to be running on 1970's magnesium rims - 1 they cost a packet, 2. they would be old magnesium rims so that is just dangerous) All the mods I can proof are period mods and I am replicating them as they were. This car I am building will be road legal once I complete it when the $$ are their to go though all the hoops you need to get car with a full cage on the road.

However with the comments about T&C and the like do I just give up now and just focus on getting my road version going and spend time with my young family and forget my hobby of classic racing?
    nzeder, Schedule K is for exact "period" built race cars with the idea of obtaining a FIA Historic Technical Passport(HTP) and T&C is for "Modified" saloons and sports cars with only certain allowable changes, with the idea of obtaining a Certificate of Description(COD)!! This here is only a debate, nothing is changing within Motorsport NZ and the Classic and Historic commission from my understanding is more than happy with the current status-quo!! so you can either build your 240Z to NO rules and race it club type events were there is less concern about rules, or to K/T&C and be eligible for more pure Historic and Classic events like say the Festival!!

To be-able to race with HMC in future events like the "Legends" you will need one of the above as we won't except vehicles outside the K/T&C, HMC criterior.

And that's what is great about NZ motor-sport, you can choose your desired path.

Dale M