Thread: Cross Coutry drive with Peter Brock in a Brock Coupe (Daytona)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I agree Grant. By the way, great story Doug, thanks for posting. Incidentally I was lucky enough to have purchased a first edition copy of Pete's brilliant Daytona Cobra Coupes book when living in London the the early/mid 90s. I recently went to do some research on this book and was staggered to learn how much money they now command.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    I agree Grant. By the way, great story Doug, thanks for posting. Incidentally I was lucky enough to have purchased a first edition copy of Pete's brilliant Daytona Cobra Coupes book when living in London the the early/mid 90s. I recently went to do some research on this book and was staggered to learn how much money they now command.
    It was just a normal day at my shop a little rainy and I was going to drive west 8 hours with my truck and trailer to pick up some car but for some reason I thought I'd do it tomorrow. Then the phone rang and my good friend Speedy Bill said Hey Pal can you run out to the interstate and pick up a Famous racer Perter Brock his wheel fell off or something? I was off in a few minutes with my painter Dan and a aluminum floor jack.

When we got back to my shop we needed some hardware for the right side pipe so took him over to my nuts and bolts assortment and we searched for nuts together, and I just meet the man! Lol I looked over and thought my god I have Peter Brock in my shop and were looking for Nuts! I knew this was a once in a life time deal. But Peter and I have become good friends and he even helped us promote our latest concept car the REVERSION Mustang. and I provide him with a drop off point for his Arovault trailer from time to time. So you just never know where or when you will meet your next good friend!

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images