Thread: New Zealand Festival of Motor Racing (2014)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ok, what good is it to me if i pay to get in and sit in the grandstand only to see the front part of the track.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CUSTAXIE50 View Post
    Ok, what good is it to me if i pay to get in and sit in the grandstand only to see the front part of the track.
    Baypark - where you sat was what you saw.
    Pukekohe - a little more if you sat in the Hill stand top southern end (just objects moving at other side of track though)
    Manfield - Same as Baypark
    Lakeside - Same
    Willowbank - Bit like Puke - see right in front of you and objects moving across the other side.
    Gold Coast - Sounds like Monaco - can't go from half empty stand to stand or in pits without extra dollar passes and see bugger all through animal cage surrounding track.

Its the same world wide so I see this as a bit of a lame complaint. What are the facilities meant to have ? Grandstands like Indianapolis where you are that far away you are watching coloured ants race?

Sorry just seems like a silly complaint - you either want a race track or you don't. Enjoy what you have. They are fast disappearing.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
    Baypark - where you sat was what you saw.
    Pukekohe - a little more if you sat in the Hill stand top southern end (just objects moving at other side of track though)
    Manfield - Same as Baypark
    Lakeside - Same
    Willowbank - Bit like Puke - see right in front of you and objects moving across the other side.
    Gold Coast - Sounds like Monaco - can't go from half empty stand to stand or in pits without extra dollar passes and see bugger all through animal cage surrounding track.

Its the same world wide so I see this as a bit of a lame complaint. What are the facilities meant to have ? Grandstands like Indianapolis where you are that far away you are watching coloured ants race?

Sorry just seems like a silly complaint - you either want a race track or you don't. Enjoy what you have. They are fast disappearing.

Tony
    At Manfield Tony, where you sat you saw the WHOLE track

Quote Originally Posted by crunch View Post
    At Manfield Tony, where you sat you saw the WHOLE track
    Yes, agree Crunch as Manfield is the best viewing track in NZ but has its Achilles heal in the fact no racing can be viewed from the pits unlike Hampton, all tracks have there pro's and con's but aren't we lucky we have all these great tracks here considering our population and country size. NZ is truly a "Motorsport" meca that some countries wish they had and from personal experience's the most affordable country to go racing.

Dale M

Journeyman Racer
    Hi All.
    What a great event!

We have received many positive comments for the Festival and as Richard said - "it might be a good moment to reflect on a fabulously successful event that drew some 26,000 spectators over the six days, the biggest gathering ever of Ferraris in NZ, Formula One Ferraris and a large chunk of people for whom this was their first time at a race track".

Thank you to everyone that helped to make the Festival a success, it is certainly a team effort from all concerned.

Roll on the Howden Ganley Festival. There will be a number of fabulous cars for the event.

Tony R

I don't understand why you would arrive at a place you have not been before and not take a walk around to find the spot, or spots that best suit you. I have been to a huge number of tracks and for me HD is THE most spectator friendly. I have yet to decide which of the viewing spots I like best and keep moving almost all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    I don't understand why you would arrive at a place you have not been before and not take a walk around to find the spot, or spots that best suit you. I have been to a huge number of tracks and for me HD is THE most spectator friendly. I have yet to decide which of the viewing spots I like best and keep moving almost all day.
    I did have a walk about,and i did see some getting on the piss in the apartments and having a good time all good.you would have to go a long way to better manfeild oldfart,look at it this way seeing Ken Smith at 72 and others put the wood into it as they go over the start line,and see 100% of the race from one spot.Only my view and this may not be right. you would hear 100% of the race and see 25% of the race at HD would that be right oldfart,Tony and the others as i have said before have done a great job at building up HD and still are working on it ,and i take my hat off to them for all this work.

You can move to the other grandstand and viewing areas. Moving allows you to see the entire track.