Thread: SKOPE & SFOS meetings @ ChCh, Levels,& Teretonga - Photo Thread.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    Gerald, as a 'Southerner' I have been to Auckland-once- was after one of the Wellington Street races & took my son up to visit my sister during the week, also wanted to find out what had happened to the GT40 kit supplier up that way, after putting about 300km on a rental 'looking' for the outfit & getting interrogated by virtually every building owner/previous address lessee as to why I was looking for the outfit ( and if I might be in any way financially involved/liable ) I never did find them ( TGFSM ) I headed for home thinking this is a very unfriendly place....never felt the need to return since....

Quote Originally Posted by Jac Mac View Post
    Gerald, as a 'Southerner' I have been to Auckland-once- was after one of the Wellington Street races & took my son up to visit my sister during the week, also wanted to find out what had happened to the GT40 kit supplier up that way, after putting about 300km on a rental 'looking' for the outfit & getting interrogated by virtually every building owner/previous address lessee as to why I was looking for the outfit ( and if I might be in any way financially involved/liable ) I never did find them ( TGFSM ) I headed for home thinking this is a very unfriendly place....never felt the need to return since....
    I arrived in Auckland 31 years ago and was staggered at just how friendly everyone was.
    equally, I was working in Christchurch each week, for a fair period in 1988 and thought the people there were fantastic too - and Napier, Whangarei, Hamilton, Cambridge...
    As a Pom, I only ever found Londoners difficult to get to know. It just took time.
    There are people everywhere who are friendly and there are people everywhere who are not, but I would never judge a place on a single visit.
    Motorsport people world wide share a common bond and interest, but the logistics and costs of competing on distant tracks are very tangible and are not subjective, they are objective.