Thread: NZ GTHO Phase 3's that raced in Production Series....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerT View Post
    Driving home from a Bay Park meeting in my 3.8 E Type, I went to pass Pat Smith in second gear on one of those slow Ngatea right angle corners that lead into a long straight. Pat looked over, saw it was an E type and floored it in second gear as well. There was a hell of a noise because he had side pipes. The two cars ran side by side through 2nd and 3rd (about 118mph), perfectly matchedd in acceleration, but when we got to 4th gear there was a one way bridge approaching and I had to tuck in behind him. We ran for many miles at high speed while being constantly being badgered by a car from behind. In the end I let him pass and then Pat did the same. It was an MGB - God now's what it was powered by, but he sure proved a point!
    Racer T what year was this .... I know of a guy living in Tga an ex car salesman from Wellington he had a powerful V8 in either a midget or MGB , might be wrong though depending on the year ??

Journeyman Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant Sprague View Post
    Racer T what year was this .... I know of a guy living in Tga an ex car salesman from Wellington he had a powerful V8 in either a midget or MGB , might be wrong though depending on the year ??
    Hi Grant. I would think around 1972, as I sold the E Type to Dave Silcock at about that time. Tony R