Thread: Historic Sport Sedans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Name:  12.jpg
Views: 1423
Size:  130.2 KB
    Would anyone have any info on this- could be Whenuapei?
    nzeder will be pleased - there is a Datsun Z racing here.
    Definitely Whenuapai Wings & Wheels 1984. Numbers tally with programme, and from a few indistinct photos I took!

Datsun Z #432 is one D.Meadows. There were 3 other Z's in entry plus a whole bunch of Ferraris that year, plus Morris's ERA and Whitehouse Cooper-Bristol.

Late Dave McKinney's NZ Motoring News had a double-page report of the W&W - remember when we had real motor magazines you could pick up and read?

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by stubuchanan View Post
    Definitely Whenuapai Wings & Wheels 1984. Numbers tally with programme, and from a few indistinct photos I took!
    I'd love a photo copy/scan of that programme if possible Stu, as I took a small number of pics, but as mentioned earlier, didn't see any racing. If I'd known my ex was going to walk anyway, I would have gone to the race meeting as a flaggie!

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    I'd love a photo copy/scan of that programme if possible Stu, as I took a small number of pics, but as mentioned earlier, didn't see any racing. If I'd known my ex was going to walk anyway, I would have gone to the race meeting as a flaggie!

Would also be interested in any photos of an Anglia (light blue) at this fun day if any of you people have any.
    Got asked by official if it could keep wheels on ground, but it was hard to train. Anyway that's how Anglias grew up, so who was I to tell it off.