Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    Name:  Grady.jpg
Views: 1458
Size:  85.7 KB

This one, presumably...
    Thanks yep that's it

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Sprague View Post
    Thanks yep that's it
    This is a very interesting photo from the point of view where it was taken. This is right outside the hanger where the hairpin was. You turned left, over the drains and back out onto the airfield about 10 metres past where this photo was taken. Normally you would be hard on the brakes here, trying not to slide down the off camber and keep it hard up against the hanger. I know that at one stage the hairpin used to be at the other end of #6 hanger (or where this photo was taken) , and they then had to return back up the other side of the drains to get out onto the airfield. I am not sure when that was. Even earlier there was just a S bend from outside the previous hanger and then straight out onto the airfield. I was based at Wigram from 1974 to 1992, and during this time they always had the short hairpin.
    Normally photos taken near the hangers at Wigram are of cars coming around the Control Tower, where the off camber and bumps were really bad, so they wheels in the air and looked spectacular!!!
    Pete B