Thread: 2014 MSNZ AGCM

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    In reply to Racer Rog
    "There was a list published,and sent out to all clubs". There no doubt was Rog but the particular Club I pay membership fees to does not pass these on to it's members. This is a failing on the part of my Club. I suspect it is the same in most car clubs. I am just saying that since MSNZ have a website, would it not be a good idea for them to publish Remits on that website?
    "There is no other organization here in NZ that can do that."
    I take it you mean by that statement that there is no other body to administer motorsport? If that is indeed what you intended to say then you are absolutely correct. And therein lies the crux of the problem. MSNZ have tried desperately for many years to protect their monopoly on the administration of car racing. As new classes and new 'forms' of car competition have been introduced (e.g. Sporting Trials cars and the involvement of the Vintage Car Club NZ in speed events) MSNZ has taken the position that, if it involves cars and competition, they have the 'right' to impose their authority over those classes/organisations. I well remember some years ago 2 local competitors having their MANZ racing licences revoked because they had the audacity to go and race at the local speedway (administered by the "rival" ACU!).
    When you talk about lawyers and legal battles I assume you are talking about the V8 Supercars?
    If the V8 Supercar organisers (or anyone else for that matter) feel MSNZ are not meeting their needs, why should they have to submit to the "bully boy" tactics of MSNZ? And if MSNZ have to resort to legal action to try and impose their authority over a 'rival' group then, yes, it will cost them lots in legal fees. Which of course they will pass on to every sucker who is silly enough to subsidise their megalomania every time they pay their car club annual sub or enter an event.
    Last edited by rf84; 05-28-2014 at 01:02 AM.