Thread: Just A Mix Of Pics - Ray Green Collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    Some B&W action at an Auckland club meet on the Club circuit at Puke - Dec 1969 I think.....again - badly scanned from B&W negatives
    Guess who is driving the Model A Roadster???? Very famous car! This is a car that we built at North Shore Automatics that equalled the Standing 1/4 mile record for NZ.....12 sec! This is Johnny Windelburn driving the the Colin Praast owned 427 Chev powered Model A Ford Roadster. I remember donning the grinder goggles and John took me for a blast down Porana Road and a million miles an hour.....was deadend in those days........an absolute weapon! Car ended up at Vazeys home with a tree growing right through it! They had to cut it up to remove it. Currently being restored by Peter Church at Bunce and Curtis North Shore.......regard, Tony Rutherford.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jizim View Post
    Guess who is driving the Model A Roadster???? Very famous car! This is a car that we built at North Shore Automatics that equalled the Standing 1/4 mile record for NZ.....12 sec! This is Johnny Windelburn driving the the Colin Praast owned 427 Chev powered Model A Ford Roadster. I remember donning the grinder goggles and John took me for a blast down Porana Road and a million miles an hour.....was deadend in those days........an absolute weapon! Car ended up at Vazeys home with a tree growing right through it! They had to cut it up to remove it. Currently being restored by Peter Church at Bunce and Curtis North Shore.......regard, Tony Rutherford.
    It was yellow, wasn't it? I remembered it had a 7 litre donk in it - was bloody quick as well - lot's of wheelspin on the club circuit......