Thread: Northern Sports Car Club - the early years.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Roger,
    I have a similar collection of photographs in my possession. The car line up in post 5 is according to my copy the clubs very 1st run. Your print is reversed I see , the cars are all lh drive.

Your uncle Eddies Morrie 8 is the 2nd one in on your right. That’s also him in the mud climb. The other two are Ralph Watson (Singer 9 LeMans) and Ken Hemus Sunbeam.
    Looked like good clean fun from a great era of NZ motoring.
    I see I have several shots of the Brown Ford 10 special at Seagrove Airfield also.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan fox View Post
    Hi Roger,
    I have a similar collection of photographs in my possession. The car line up in post 5 is according to my copy the clubs very 1st run. Your print is reversed I see , the cars are all lh drive.

Your uncle Eddies Morrie 8 is the 2nd one in on your right. That’s also him in the mud climb. The other two are Ralph Watson (Singer 9 LeMans) and Ken Hemus Sunbeam.
    Looked like good clean fun from a great era of NZ motoring.
    I see I have several shots of the Brown Ford 10 special at Seagrove Airfield also.
    Duncan,yes my copy says first run and oops about the reversed image.

Thanks for your information and Trevor too!!. the Morrie 8 is the one mentioned in the Roycroft book, must dig out and check details.