Thread: Minis and Imps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Wilkinson View Post
    Here's my old de Joux chassis with chromolly rollcage. Sold many years ago due to job loss.....

A different de Joux body of mine (since sold to Oz) next to my old Clubman GT....

Paul, that is one substantial chassis, I always thought the Mini De Joux, was just the Mini floorpan, now realise had the front bulkhead
    and part of the inner guards, as well ar the rear bulkhead the back seat support.
    A friend of mine had a De Joux, back in 1978, which had a lift up back window, it was a deep green. I was envious as only had 850 cc standard Minis by then, although they were slightly modified

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Dowding View Post
    Paul, that is one substantial chassis, I always thought the Mini De Joux, was just the Mini floorpan, now realise had the front bulkhead
    and part of the inner guards, as well ar the rear bulkhead the back seat support.
    A friend of mine had a De Joux, back in 1978, which had a lift up back window, it was a deep green. I was envious as only had 850 cc standard Minis by then, although they were slightly modified
    The stock de Joux chassis had the front bulkhead with extra box sections to hang the doors from. As you say, they also had extra box sections inside the car -running up the length of each sill and boxing in the rear seat panel. They got zero stiffness from the body. Mine was obviously a bit different. Mark Herbert built it for me - this is the original I delivered to him....