Thread: Formula 5000

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reg Papps was a 'drinking mate' of several, including Bob Muir...

He is not the man with the distillery. Reg would be in his mid-seventies now, he was one of those people who, like Bobby, was a part of the Parramatta Road car dealer world in some way or another.

He didn't race very much, but was well-known for his meticulous preparation. The Lola, however, I seem to recall as being originally trimmed like that by Niel Allen's crew. I could be wrong, of course, Niel was never seen at a race meeting in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
    Reg Papps was a 'drinking mate' of several, including Bob Muir...

He is not the man with the distillery. Reg would be in his mid-seventies now, he was one of those people who, like Bobby, was a part of the Parramatta Road car dealer world in some way or another.

He didn't race very much, but was well-known for his meticulous preparation. The Lola, however, I seem to recall as being originally trimmed like that by Niel Allen's crew. I could be wrong, of course, Niel was never seen at a race meeting in the car.
    Unfortunately this does not increase my knowledge much as these are just a few generalisations.

Re the Allen crew doing the original trim of the car, I very much doubt this as the car was green when Allen had it, and it was involved in big crash at Surfers.

What I was after was along the lines of
    - Was "Reg Papps and Sons" a business, where/what etc.
    - They came from nowhere to Australia's top formula with a beautiful car, and then just as quickly disappeared again.
    - Are they still around?