Thread: BUILD THREAD For 1964 Falcon Sprint to Monte Carlo Rallye FIA spec'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Name:  Falcon.jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  69.0 KB

Just one I found, sorry no further details.

B.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce302 View Post
    Name:  Falcon.jpg
Views: 1022
Size:  69.0 KB

Just one I found, sorry no further details.

B.
    Thats Roy Pierpoint in the Bill Shaw Racing Falcon. This team ran a Camaro briefly in 1969 before it got written off, at which point they reverted back to the Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Thats Roy Pierpoint in the Bill Shaw Racing Falcon. This team ran a Camaro briefly in 1969 before it got written off, at which point they reverted back to the Falcon.
    Great post from Ken on the "Falcon sprint thread" - what a find!
    Very interesting. As it turns out this car is the surviving Graham Hill car (that I did not even know existed) and was also the Pierpoint car as shown previous posts. It was in Washington state, now sold.
    It has some very interesting group 5 Information
    Alan Mann racing rebuilt into a Group 5 BSCC (British Saloon Car Championship) racer and sold to Roy Pierpoint.
    Pierpoint drove this car ( race history on file) sold car to Martin Birrane in 1969.
    Birrane races car in late 1969. Somewhere in here a 500hp 351ci gets added in that was also raced at BSCC
    Birrane sells car to Martin Thomas in 1970s. Thomas then has it comprehensively rebuilt by Cambridge Motorsports in the UK in 1990's
    Thomas sold the car to Ken McBride, Seattle WA, who imported the car into the US.
    Now sold to a new US owner

A race report is on file that shows the car entered as running a 5.7-liter capacity in the British Saloon Car Championship.
    Alan Mann rebuilt the car for Pierpoint (BSCC Group 5, 1966-69), the car said to have had a 289 with dual quads and Weslake heads, But I think the the westlake heads were set up for 4 webers.
    Front suspension is control arm and coil over as OEM, the rear suspension is Ford 9-inch with four link and watts link.
    Discs brakes fitted all round.
    Last edited by Paul B; 11-16-2017 at 10:56 AM.