Thread: Images From My Past - Nigel Watts Collection

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World Champion
    Terry S,
    Like you I did not have a clue what that car # 32 was except it was a fine looking vehicle.
    I guess I have been away too long and I hope I don't get picked on but you will find the site below has some interesting information.

Name:  Nigel Watts IMG_1337.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  154.1 KB
    Nigel Watts photo of # 32, (made in NZ.)

http://redlineent.co.nz/

Cheers,
    Ken H.
    Last edited by khyndart in CA; 08-07-2018 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khyndart in CA View Post
    Terry S,
    Like you I did not have a clue what that car # 32 was except it was a fine looking vehicle.
    I guess I have been away too long and I hope I don't get picked on but you will find this site has some interesting information.

http://redlineent.co.nz/

Cheers,
    Ken H.
    Hi Ken, it’s good to see there are still a few of us gentleman who can correspond without sinking to be condescending.

I, along with many many others, greatly appreciate your photos and the effort you put into providing captions for them. It makes viewing so much more enjoyable and informative.

I have spent hours Googling under “Redline” and found nothing.

As you discovered you have to add other bits to Redline, and those I could not determine.

Thanks

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
    Hi Ken, it’s good to see there are still a few of us gentleman who can correspond without sinking to be condescending.

I, along with many many others, greatly appreciate your photos and the effort you put into providing captions for them. It makes viewing so much more enjoyable and informative.

I have spent hours Googling under “Redline” and found nothing.

As you discovered you have to add other bits to Redline, and those I could not determine.

Thanks

Terry
    Terry, all you had to do was put Redline cars or better still Redline cars NZ and it would have come up with at least 5 or six options.

Using Google, you just have to think how to find your target to narrow down the options. I found this in 30 seconds flat (and several other mentions):

From 1998 to 2006 Redline Performance Cars (RPC) were manufactured in Kevin Hunt’s Waimaukau engineering workshop and in total 35 cars were produced.

A remarkable achievement for a small West Auckland business, and with Kevin’s meticulous manufacturing standards these beautiful little sports cars quickly gained a reputation for appearance and performance.

In 2006 Kevin sold the ‘RPC’ manufacturing business and the new owner unfortunately moved the operation to the UK.

This is not being condescending but we all have to do our research. Just enjoy Nigel's pictures as many of us do. Its a picture thread and it takes a lot to upload these days, as each pic has to be copied, shrunk to size, then individually uploaded... Then the pics sometimes disappear and you have to upload all over again.