Thread: Just A Mix Of Pics - Ray Green Collection

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Studebaker fell foul of the paperwork brigade and wasn't allowed to run in part 2 of the St Mary's Trophy on the Sunday. It had correct paperwork for some countries but apparently there was something amiss for this meeting. For goodness sake. It is a non-championship meeting so what was there to be gained by banning it?

As one of our FJ drivers was telling me, there are petty rules that make competing internationally a total nightmare. The FIA demands or approves one sort of wheel nut and some countries have a different rule, making the FIA ones illegal... Having to carry two set of wheel nuts?

If there is one thing that really gets up my nose it is banning cars that infringe some minor technicality, especially so in what is supposed to be an amateur level of the sport and more so when it isn't even performance related. When you have paid good money to attend a race meeting, it is usually to see the cars on the track.

Banning them for spurious reasons denies not only the drivers and crew, but also the paying spectators.

Quite why they cannot run (and it applies in NZ too) and be given an opportunity to correct what is wrong for a future meeting, is surely the best way of dealing with it, just as long as it isn't a genuine safety issue as opposed to a paperwork problem?
    Name:  218_0907_0312 Studebaker.JPG
Views: 397
Size:  108.1 KB

Morgan SLR in the past winners parade. I always rated this as one of the best looking cars of the era.
    Name:  218_0907_0559 Morgan.JPG
Views: 396
Size:  110.8 KB

Hamill - another Goodwood regular
    Name:  218_0907_0774 Hamill.JPG
Views: 392
Size:  97.1 KB

The ex Donington TecMec is another rare car that is good to see out on track and going well.
    Name:  218_0907_0921 Tec Mec.JPG
Views: 397
Size:  124.9 KB

First time I have seen two Triumph Italias at the same event. The silver one is a regular at Goodwood, but the first time I have seen the blue one.
    Name:  218_0907_0785 Triumph Italia.JPG
Views: 393
Size:  123.5 KB

Name:  218_0908_0111 Triumph Italia.JPG
Views: 409
Size:  120.1 KB
    Last edited by ERC; 10-30-2018 at 03:22 AM.