Thread: Recent images from my past ~ Nigel Watts Collection Pt 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    You must now have a stunning library Nigel!

I have been trying to eliminate duplicates - but as fast as I delete, I add more...
    Yes I have quite a collection now Ray.

Storage is becoming a concern, especially with the digital files, as we have to keep 2 copies of everything just in case the hard drive has a meltdown. So many tetrabytes of image files that I've run out of fingers to count them!!

I like to take a lot of B&W film photos, as I know that they have a better chance of surviving over time. My kids will get strict instructions on how to look after them when I kick off, so hopefully they will still be around in the future when actual cars have disappeared.

Anyway, most importantly it's a fun hobby and gets me out and about.

No doubt I'll see you up at HD at some stage this summer, so until then keep that shutter finger exercised.
    Last edited by nigel watts; 11-18-2019 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel watts View Post
    Yes I have quite a collection now Ray.

Storage is becoming a concern, especially with the digital files, as we have to keep 2 copies of everything just in case the hard drive has a meltdown. So many tetrabytes of image files that I've run out of fingers to count them!!

I like to take a lot of B&W film photos, as I know that they have a better chance of surviving over time. My kids will get strict instructions on how to look after them when I kick off, so hopefully they will still be around in the future when actual cars have disappeared.

Anyway, most importantly it's a fun hobby and gets me out and about.

No doubt I'll see you up at HD at some stage this summer, so until then keep that shutter finger exercised.
    Nigel, the B&W Monochrome photos are brilliant - do you do your own developing - not many places to process film these days.
    My lack of own photos recently is because ;
    #1, haven't been to any shows -events since " Supercars " ..
    #2, left my camera in Auckland and haven't managed to retrieve it yet.

My father used to develop his own photos in the 1950's - in a cupboard in our Hall - very cramped but it worked..
    Had got rid of his trays etc by the time I got a camera in my early teens ..

Weekend Warrior
    Nigel, I hope your children appreciate your contribution to our sport and hobbie as we all do on here.
    You sure will leave an amazing legacy. Well done

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Bentham View Post
    Nigel, I hope your children appreciate your contribution to our sport and hobbie as we all do on here.
    You sure will leave an amazing legacy. Well done
    Thanks Rex