Size:  133.3 KB

Absolutely Remarkable Tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by chaindrive View Post
    A "Small" tribute to Ralph Watson

Name:  Th Is 002 (Small).JPG
Views: 895
Size:  133.3 KB
    You have done Ralph proud.

Please post detailed information concerning the construction of the model as well as your plans covering its upkeep. It comprises everlasting memorabilia beyond its intrinsic value and should remain preserved in-perpetuity.

Thanks Trevor. It's not very accurate or detailed. Did this a few years ago now by using pics to make drawings. It's sort of former and planking method using styrene plastic sheet. !/24 scale. Think the son has put his order in !!

Quote Originally Posted by chaindrive View Post
    Thanks Trevor. It's not very accurate or detailed. Did this a few years ago now by using pics to make drawings. It's sort of former and planking method using styrene plastic sheet. !/24 scale. Think the son has put his order in !!
    Good news. If it stays within the family it is likely to remain preserved. It has been sculptured very well and there is certainly sufficient excellent detail. I have a single copy of my book waiting for a good home and if you do not already have one, I would like you to have it so that it can be partnered with and remain with the the model. Send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Sheffield View Post
    Good news. If it stays within the family it is likely to remain preserved. It has been sculptured very well and there is certainly sufficient excellent detail. I have a single copy of my book waiting for a good home and if you do not already have one, I would like you to have it so that it can be partnered with and remain with the the model. Send me a PM.
    What a great thought Trevor, as we know " Chaindrive " has made many great models of " significant " New Zealand Cars,both Specials and well known Imported racers - from the 1950's to more recent.

" Chaindrive " - next project could be the Ralph Watson BSA Special - I have a number of photos of the car taken by " Spgeti " plus a few of my own, and many borrowed from Trevor's book.
    [I have the revised Edition in Book form and the Original as a link on my Laptop ]. Plus some photos from others.

Last photo I took of the car was 2017 at Chelsea Walsh, the last time the event was run. Ray Ferner through the sweeper

This from 1985 at Maioro Road, Otaua, near Waiuku, the Austin Healey Club Hill Climb.
    I see a mention in Trevors Book that ;
    " The following events were entered after the car had returned early in 1985 to where it began its second life as a special, .. "

It mentions
    " Classic Car Race Meeting,Whenuapai Airfield "
    " Two hillclimb events "

The photo would have been at one of the two hillclimbs

Name:  BSA Special #135 AHCCNZ Otaua Hill Climb 1985 BSA special Ralph Watsons car - driver not sure CC.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  143.5 KB
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 08-29-2020 at 12:19 AM.

THE ROTARY VALVE ENGINE.

The late Ralph Watson stands as the only engineer, let alone individual, to have designed a truly successful rotary valve internal combustion engine. To have also produced, evaluated and tested his technically novel design, renders him absolutely unique within history.

The BSA special is representative of this achievement and as such remains a priceless exhibit.

I have endeavoured to arrange without success, an update and correction in respect of the entry covering the rotary valve, which appears in “Wikipedia” the free online encyclopaedia. I see it as more than unfortunate that the names the of the unsuccessful remain specifically recorded, whereas our Kiwi, Ralph Watson, as the true inventor, becomes entirely overlooked.

It would appear that some form of membership in respect of Wikipedia is required. PLEASE, does any member here have the facility and or online skills called for, in order to conclude what must constitute a very worthwhile project ?
    Last edited by Trevor Sheffield; 08-29-2020 at 04:49 AM. Reason: Addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Sheffield View Post
    It would appear that some form of membership in respect of Wikipedia is required. PLEASE, does any member here have the facility and or online skills called for, in order to conclude what must constitute a very worthwhile project ?
    As a long time contributor (and financial supporter) of Wikipedia, I think that all that is required initially is to sign up, then in.

Over recent times however, they have deleted a lot of stuff as it hasn't been verified, though quite how that works, I really don't know.

You need to read their requirements for contributions as 'opinions' are not allowed.

Less than 2% of Wikipedia users actually contribute financially.

Name:  183_0410_11 BSA Special.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  124.5 KB

2021 - wider wheels/tyres?
    Name:  221_0516_186 BSA Special.JPG
Views: 398
Size:  110.4 KB

Last edited by ERC; 08-23-2022 at 12:45 AM.