Quote Originally Posted by Javman View Post
I believe the first car John was built using a Matich , chassis hense the driver sitting offset, and the second was scratch built with the help from Mark Petch (MJ Racing.)
Would be neat to see them back on the track again.

Robbie Booth owned one in 1975 and was then raced by Russell Greer

I have read in Vercoe's book that in 1981 a M.Morrison owned one and then don't know where it went after that?

Not sure which car this was thou?

Anyone help?
Re the Katipo that Robby Franicivic raced/practiced at Wigram--- He asked me to set the ign. timing on the Chev engine in it, I said "where would you like it set?" "50 degrees" he said. "What? That's too far advanced" I said. Anyway thats sort of how the conversation went, and we finally compromised and set it a bit over 40 degrees. When he drove it at Wigram it handled incredibly bad due to bouncing off the bump stops and bottoming the shocks. I don't remember how he got on on race day or evan if he raced it.
But the other interesting thing about the car is that I understood it was originally one of the American Formula A cars that came out here to race at Baypark and was purchased and modified into a "sports" car by some guys in AK, but I can't remember who, but Robby had a couple of Dalmation mates who did a lot of work with him so it was probably a joint effort by a few people.
PK.
I could be totally wrong, of course, but that story has been in my memory ever since that time.