Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Here's one for someone with deep pockets. Great car, with very interesting history.

Name:  13923392-770-0.jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  155.9 KB

More info here: http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...d/1523507.html
    But not legal

Quote Originally Posted by richiev8 View Post
    But not legal
    Nah I don't think that'd be an issue though Richie, the car is priced at over US$300K, and is an important piece in Trans-Am history, so I can't see it ever leaving the US anyway. I just posted it because I think its a great looking car.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Not quite true Steve, not legal for HMC, but would be legal to race in with other odd ball Historic vehicles, this car would get a Schedule K CoD, and would also get a FIA HTP, its a classy peice of history.
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Racer Rog View Post
    Not quite true Steve, not legal for HMC, but would be legal to race in with other odd ball Historic vehicles, this car would get a Schedule K CoD, and would also get a FIA HTP, its a classy peice of history.
    Roger
    You're correct Roger as this car would get a K-CoD or FIA HTP but to allow it to race with HMC we'd want windows, headlights and bumpers fitted, pretty much anything else we'd not be worried because of its "true" historic race history prior to our pre 12/77 T&C cut of date!! Steve Elliots Camaro is in the same boat and has history back to 74(correct Steve) and as Steve H say's, a vehicle we'd not likely to see down here because of its USA historic importance and/or cost. Though you never know as i see some spending more of there other non historic saloons that would make this Pontiac cheap!!LOL

Dale M