Thread: Article: The Dennis Leech Boss 429 Mustang

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yeah the white car was the one i knew of, have seen a pic of the blue car, but I honestly thought it was the white car, repainted, so its pretty cool too know that there were two of them built,..

B429 A/P racer

Quote Originally Posted by zombie289 View Post
    Yeah the white car was the one i knew of, have seen a pic of the blue car, but I honestly thought it was the white car, repainted, so its pretty cool too know that there were two of them built,..
    I reread some stuff on the B302 forum, it seems indeed, the white is the same as the blue one. It was owned by Rick Nagel once during that Yellow Rose Show in Ft. Worth, later sold to Juan Gonzales, if I read it correctly, taken apart and painted in that blue. Hmmm....
    Ed Ludtke from the Mustang Road Racing Registry has two more B429 road racers in his registry. One should be the french one from Moga and/or Heuzet.

I see the Leech Mustang is due to be released in 1/43 scale by SMTS :

http://www.grandprixmodels.com/searc...SEARCH&back2=1

I remember first reading about this car back in the early 70's when it was featured in a UK magazine called either "Auto Enthusiast" or it's replacement, "Fast Car". Wish i still had a copy of that, anyone on here got a copy by any chance ?

Great article Steve !!