Thread: Australian Sports Sedans Database - Histories And Whereabouts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    A car I've long been interested in as much for its mystique than anything was Warwick Hendersons Corvette. The car raced in the 1982 Australian GT/Sports Sedan Championship, although it only made a couple of appearances and wasn't near the pace of Alan Jones' Porsche 935 or Peter Brocks Monza etc, but the car itself is still quite interesting. Maybe Rowan knows more about it? The 1982 Australian Motor Racing Annual suggests the Corvette was ex-IMSA, but this pic shows it was rhd. I got this from the Corvettes of Geelong website: http://www.corvettesofgeelong.com/de...ndar_2006.html.
    Name:  december.jpg
Views: 3172
Size:  92.3 KB
    ..........Steve, Warwick Henderson was the last of the, 'cause I can', thinking Generation,when I was building the Bob Jane Camaro I rang Warwick regarding his thoughts on Big Block /Exhaust /systems,his advise which I adhered to 100% was to only use USA/Hedman Headers,he went on to subjest the the Gen2 Camaro BB/ headers would be a better fit, they would flow better And I would have to modify two pipes on the right side as they would be to close to the firewall.....got to tell you he was absolutely spot on, Warwick knew his craft well, the sad part was by the time I got to perfect his instructions Warwick had the calling to the big race track in the sky.......thank you and RIP Warwick Henderson, racers racer and Gentleman........with regard thunder427/MJ
    Last edited by thunder427; 03-31-2012 at 07:17 AM.