Thread: Bucklers!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Weekend Warrior
    Now in Dunedin (I believe) is the Buckler that I once owned. It was reputed to be one of the last of the marque it was a Mk17 which originally had an Ashley Laminates body with two transverse rear seats. the car was apparently originally built up in UK with a BMC front suspension. Bruce Sutcliffe acquired it in very poor shape with the body past redemption. Bruce had the frame shortened by about 7 inches (the bits that had been removed were with it when I got it) to take a de Joux body. I fitted a Rootes group 1600 engine and transmission and rebuilt the front end to traditional Bellamy style with a Citroen steering rack. Other projects intervened and the car was sold to Ian Hallett who subsequently on sold it to the South Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodiff View Post
    Now in Dunedin (I believe) is the Buckler that I once owned. It was reputed to be one of the last of the marque it was a Mk17 which originally had an Ashley Laminates body with two transverse rear seats. the car was apparently originally built up in UK with a BMC front suspension. Bruce Sutcliffe acquired it in very poor shape with the body past redemption. Bruce had the frame shortened by about 7 inches (the bits that had been removed were with it when I got it) to take a de Joux body. I fitted a Rootes group 1600 engine and transmission and rebuilt the front end to traditional Bellamy style with a Citroen steering rack. Other projects intervened and the car was sold to Ian Hallett who subsequently on sold it to the South Island.
    You have seen that car at Roycroft Richard.