Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Photos Thread

Woo-hoo ! Big day out up at Rothmans, NZGP 1970.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    How about this fuzzy oneAttachment 24792?
    Pukekohe 1970? Rothmans about to come down the hill to the start finish line?

Mike Goth disappearing out of shot Neil Allen, Derek Bell, Graeme Lawrence, Ulf Norinder, Max Stewart, Bill Simpson, Kevin Bartlett, Ron Grable, Dennis Marwood, Mike Campbell, Derick Williams, Bryan Falloon, Frank Radisich and Ken Smith

Seeing as it's anything and everything, I can't afford to race a car but here's my current road car and the project on the trailer....

Untitled by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Snoozin View Post
    Seeing as it's anything and everything, I can't afford to race a car but here's my current road car and the project on the trailer....

Untitled by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

2 utter gem's. Gee there are some classic bits of gear still around in loving hands.

As the skippies would say "Noice"

This has appeared on a Tasman Series fb page, attributed to Mario JL Goncalves. Hill, Courage and Rindt at the Levin hairpin, 1969. Sometimes these things have to be shared...
    Name:  Levin 1969.jpg
Views: 1325
Size:  114.0 KB
    Both Lotus were out by lap 12, Courage finished second.

I was going through some 1974 Auckland Car Club Gymkana photos the other day and came across this shot.
    It was taken at St Lukes carpark (pre Weekend shopping) which was often used for "sealed gymkanas".
    If my memory serves me, the driver was a young university student who had borrowed his mother's car for the event.
    Fortunately he caught it and it returned back on to its wheels to continue the test, but it was pretty spectacular at the time. I was lucky enough to be in the right place to capture it, and he was lucky enough to keep it on its rubber and not have to take it back to his mother in a damaged state.

Name:  Renault-ACC-Gymkhana1974.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  137.3 KB

Clacker time !

Great capture, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    This has appeared on a Tasman Series fb page, attributed to Mario JL Goncalves. Hill, Courage and Rindt at the Levin hairpin, 1969. Sometimes these things have to be shared...
    Beautiful .... THANK YOU FOR SHARING never seen this pik before

Quote Originally Posted by BMCBOY View Post
    I was going through some 1974 Auckland Car Club Gymkana photos the other day and came across this shot.
    It was taken at St Lukes carpark (pre Weekend shopping) which was often used for "sealed gymkanas".
    If my memory serves me, the driver was a young university student who had borrowed his mother's car for the event.
    Fortunately he caught it and it returned back on to its wheels to continue the test, but it was pretty spectacular at the time. I was lucky enough to be in the right place to capture it, and he was lucky enough to keep it on its rubber and not have to take it back to his mother in a damaged state.

Name:  Renault-ACC-Gymkhana1974.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  137.3 KB

The driver of the R10 was James Perkins and he finished third in class behind two well-known names - John Crombie and Neil Mallard.

World Champion
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Semi-Pro Racer
    Looks a bit over exposed up front.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    Yes Graham Hill with a broken driveshaft
    Name:  Graham Hill Returns to Pits on Foot - Jan 1969.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  153.4 KB

Name:  Graham Hill's Broken Lotus - Jan 1969.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  185.4 KB

And Rindt to an accident
    Name:  Jochen Rindt's Wrecked Lotus - Jan 1969.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  153.8 KB

Song of the time "Good Vibrations"

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Song of the time "Good Vibrations"
    "Catch me if you can"- Dave Clarke Five.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    "Catch me if you can"- Dave Clarke Five.
    as a kid at levin i remember nancy sinatra's "these boots are made for walking' playing over and over on the PA..

that song

Quote Originally Posted by richard lester View Post
    as a kid at levin i remember nancy sinatra's "these boots are made for walking' playing over and over on the PA..
    Richard [I also remember that song lol ] but I think your dad was probably a little more reserved than mine... RE THAT SONG I was up at the wills 6 hr race probably 13 or 14 & all the Timaru boys had done their practice etc etc ....... i think was a friday night & off into town to the pink pussy cat [or was it the purple onion ] , any way me tucked in between the big boys ..in we went looking at these tarts getting the geer off & guess what they were dancing to THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKING & that just what they will do lol .. it was big time as a kid , never told Mum ........but told ALL my school mates ..lol
    Last edited by Grant Sprague; 11-18-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by richard lester View Post

It's funny how these things stick in your mind, at Waikaraka Park in the 80's it was "Computer Games" every Saturday night.
    I heard it on the radio a few weeks ago and instantly craved a hot dog and bucket of chips.