Size:  139.6 KBName:  Tavan Club Circuit.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  165.4 KBName:  XK 120 Fr.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  85.9 KBName:  XK120 No 30.jpg
Views: 978
Size:  96.6 KB

World Champion
    OK Jim.....go for it. Twelve pics, I bet you can't get them all right. I will pick up on your mistakes!!!!!!

Amco just back from Rorstan Bob Whakatane.check lost cars ..Now the 1st one C pos Tutons Archibald then Fosters D... Parkys 140the paptoe twins both gone not sure where?/ L Taylor 120 and John karnon Hey I only count 6

World Champion
    Not bad Jim, but you will have to go over to the end of the previous page for the rest.

World Champion
    Just a question or two Jim as I dont know the answers. Who's was the other 140 racing in that TACCOC meeting....the 'Papatoetoe Twins' as you called them. And is that last pic of John Karnon's car the one that Bryan Wyness now owns. That fuel filler cap looks familiar.
    Des Wild in Christchurch purchased the C type from Jack Tutton, and traded David Young from Timaru's 120DHC in on it, then I bought the ex David Young 120C from Des in 1964. The C type ended up with Ian Archibald and eventually sold overseas.
    The XK120DHC is the only NZ new 120 DHC still in existence, now lives in Perth, and is the car that featured in the 8 mile chase....Y & Y page 5, post 92.

Amco after a baily or two starting to warm up ..bob has never had a phone so no mater how many times I ring He wont ans. as to the 140 Paul Taven and the distrib, man are the twins with a room full of goodies!! the C Type out side the NSCClub is Parkys?? the xk120 is Rob Whitehous ,,,Wyness some Rev,, and I just heard Whitehouse has it again,originaly Archibalds{its the same one that was second to the Paton with the wrong wheels ,,wrong body.. and wrong motor that thrilled the crowd of 67 spectators 1983 Ardmore reunion at Puke}taken from the 8 oclock..The Mk 2 is very famlilia? think its the one that just headed of Archibalds at the same meeting FTD though Archibald passed it up the back straight along with Dennisis STANDARD Rover v8 and Angus in Lotus Cortina , I think from memory the primrose Jag did a 1.23 Ray a 1.24 and Angus a 1.26 as if they were standing still..I will proof read this after dinner

Please Jim, have your dinner and a cuppa or two and proof read this, my feeble peabrain is struggling!
    Quote Originally Posted by jim short View Post
    Amco after a baily or two starting to warm up ..bob has never had a phone so no mater how many times I ring He wont ans. as to the 140 Paul Taven and the distrib, man are the twins with a room full of goodies!! the C Type out side the NSCClub is Parkys?? the xk120 is Rob Whitehous ,,,Wyness some Rev,, and I just heard Whitehouse has it again,originaly Archibalds{its the same one that was second to the Paton with the wrong wheels ,,wrong body.. and wrong motor that thrilled the crowd of 67 spectators 1983 Ardmore reunion at Puke}taken from the 8 oclock..The Mk 2 is very famlilia? think its the one that just headed of Archibalds at the same meeting FTD though Archibald passed it up the back straight along with Dennisis STANDARD Rover v8 and Angus in Lotus Cortina , I think from memory the primrose Jag did a 1.23 Ray a 1.24 and Angus a 1.26 as if they were standing still..I will proof read this after dinner

World Champion
    Oldfart, you will have to be patient with Jum. He's just had a day behind the wheel visiting and old mate in Whakatane, who is not on the phone...Bob Moore to check on some facts for another thread. When he got back to Tokoroa he was frozen, hence the Baileys drink. Now the Papatoetoe twins are Paul Tavan, and Les Parkinson, both now deceased.....the bit about distributor man and goodies, is a private matter between Jum and me, concerning these guys. The rant about the Paton, a car Jim used to own... the statement....wrong wheels etc made by a well known motoring journalist when describing the Paton as HE saw it.....no matter, water under the bridge, but it upset Jim at the time, and still does!!!!The 8 oclock mentioned was a sports tabloid, and there must have been a write-up about the race which Jim is very proud of, having beaten some more fancied rivals. The primrose Jag is of course Jims own MKII 3.8......primrose colour. Have I covered everything? Had to read it a few times to get the gist. One has to remember that Jim is very passionate about his cars, and does not readily forget when someone passes comments about them that he considers to be false and derogatory!!!! Over and out.

Sorry oldfart only meant for those involved and under stand there cars and drivers,,sugest you contact Amco

Weekend Warrior
    He amazes all of us Jim ..

Banned
    Ahh! very cunning Jim. I can't crack the code but I've emailed copies to MI5 and the KGB so we'll see how good they are.

The Mk2 is very familia? A result perhaps of a late night dalliance between a Jag and a Mazda? Yes, cunning indeed!
    Last edited by Russ Cunningham; 05-16-2012 at 09:56 PM.

World Champion
    Russ, you have to understand that to crack Jims codes you have to have stayed at school till you were married, like me, as Jim will gleefully tell you. He on the other hand left school as soon as his feet would reach the pedals on the Bedford, and at this stage of his schooling, they hadn't got up to constructing sentences with full-stops and capital letters!! But he still knows how to go through the full 18 gear gate on a logging truck......beat that.
    Sorry Dave, I know you will put up with all this crap, cos you understand Jim better than me, and we have to cut Jim a bit of slack from time to time. I didn't think you would mind this being on your thread, as we are talking about the love of your life, well one of them anyway, Jaguars.

Gerald, of course I don't mind ,what you have to understand, you Philistine car enthusiasts, is that Jim adheres to the stream of consciouness school of writing. Considered by some to be very avant garde. My excuse for spelling errors are the same as Jim's, left school at 15 to work on trucks. I used to test 18 wheelers round Sydenham untill it was realised I was too young to hold a licence to drive such machines. On the matter of the Blue car, have now done 120 miles in it and am still amazed by it, not just the power but the handling and steering are well above expectations. I now have to spend $1200to $1500 on an engineers report on my roll cage because I was 12 days late filing my application for approval from our masters in Wellington!!!! The hi ratio diff option was looking pretty good there for a while. But not to worry Foggy, you will still get your bum in the seat.

Amco ,,there are somethings for saftey sake ,that up till now had to be a secret seacret seccrett??.When I was working in the USA for three yrs, my employment consisted of allways using codes for them as well as this country And if you had the slightest inkling to the importance of this mision you would hang you head in shame,,But if you really want to upset me Bedford are you joking the bloody Poms never built a mans truck God forbid RL190 then RF190 and upwards my old mate over fiftyfour yrs ago .Now thats not code and to help oldfart out they where a big truck,,Another suprise I was reading an old Taupo progam 1986 7, there is another R Cunningham actually racing a clubmans,,wonder if he is any relation to the Paraparam Flyer???,

Quote Originally Posted by RUSS CUNNINGHAM View Post
    Ahh! very cunning Jim. I can't crack the code but I've emailed copies to MI5 and the KGB so we'll see how good they are.

The Mk2 is very familia? A result perhaps of a late night dalliance between a Jag and a Mazda? Yes, cunning indeed!
    You have the email addresses for MI5 and the KGB? I'm impressed!

World Champion
    Jim, I'm not up on my trucks, all I know about are Bedfords and Austins.......Yeh yeh, I know. Not a MANS truck. But you dont have to be a MAN to drive a modern truck......just watch 'Ice Road Truckers'.....there are some pretty cool, and just pretty, dames driving these things......automatic transmissions, I ask you!!!!! Anyway the truck model you used to drive...rl190/rf190, are these MAC trucks? I guess in 1965 they didn't have auto trans for real 'He-men'. Just gobble a few more Big Ben Pies to build up the leg muscles. I'm sure they had power steering though, unlike the K Bedford. You had to be a MAN to drive that!!!!
    Trouble is they buggered your back as you well know......no ergonomic seating.
    Now Dave, you have got to be joking about the engineers report. And why were you 12 DAYS late. For Gods sake, get off the grass.
    How do you justify $1200 for a half-hour inspection. Do you have to strip the car so all the anchorage points can be inspected. This is ridiculous. Cant you tell them to go jump!!!! Don't answer that....they will probably tell YOU to go jump....grrrrrrr.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    You have the email addresses for MI5 and the KGB? I'm impressed!
    Yeah Steve! DGM passed them on. How did you think he survives?

r190 was an international, cronins transport had a few of that type of thing at tamahere.
    Alot of gear from that vintage had twin gearsticks
    So a gear change ment,
    clutch in , 1 hand on one stick, another hand on the other stick, and another hand on the steering wheel

Banned
    Amco ,,there are somethings for saftey sake ,that up till now had to be a secret seacret seccrett??.When I was working in the USA for three yrs, my employment consisted of allways using codes for them as well as this country And if you had the slightest inkling to the importance of this mision you would hang you head in shame,,But if you really want to upset me Bedford are you joking the bloody Poms never built a mans truck God forbid RL190 then RF190 and upwards my old mate over fiftyfour yrs ago .Now thats not code and to help oldfart out they where a big truck,,Another suprise I was reading an old Taupo progam 1986 7, there is another R Cunningham actually racing a clubmans,,wonder if he is any relation to the Paraparam Flyer???,
    Would'nt be the first time someone has entered using my name. Last time it happened It turned out to be Markec. He entered the 'Christchurch Nude Abseiling Championship' but was disqualified because his toes touched the ground. It was your toes! wasn't it Mark?
    Last edited by Russ Cunningham; 05-17-2012 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Broadband glitch