Thread: Motor Racing pics - my early years, 1964-71 ; Pukekohe Racetrack ;by - Roger Dowdingl

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Sheffield View Post
    Duncan, I have no desire to start an argument. LOL However:-

Laurie’s “B4” was always painted a metallic dark maroon colour, i.e. in accordance with the house colours of his carrying business, as were his Bedford trucks, Morris Minor convertible, V8 Special and DeSoto? sedan.

Years ago I heard a rumour which I have just now had confirmed, that the car was turned into a hot rod and this tied in with the modified car I came across, and that later it was broken up for parts. Please send me a PM, whereupon we may be able to arrange a phone conversation.

Ill Pm you , meanwhile is this the car we are talking about? I went to buy this of Laurie in the early seventies to replace Gp Deuce but I walked away because it was quite rusty. Thats why I was so amazed to see it in Puhanui Rd .I talked at length with the guy who restored it. It was definatly Lauries 32.
    In this shot at Seagrove its a light colour not the Maroon his trucks were. Another thought comes to mind here , who in their right mind breaks a 32 Ford roadster up for parts ? Even Pink Panther was ressurected after Eddie had crashed it .Something not right here. I love a mystery ........
    Attached Images Attached Images