Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Leadfoot Festival

World Champion
    In these politically correct times, even Motoracing comes under scrutiny.....

Remember in the old days the warning on the back of your ticket and elsewhere.............'motoracing IS dangerous.......'

Noticed when wandering around the Leadfoot ranch, little signs that said................motoracing CAN be dangerous......'

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTAXIE50 View Post
    What are you saying here 928-take a name and build a car underneath it could you say a bit more on this.
    How about this discussed on Custaxie thread and leave this to the event, cheers (i am interested in the Custaxie thing)

Right, I have finally got around to putting up some photo's from Day 3...sorry for keeping you in suspense!!!!Name:  IMG_6827.JPG
Views: 1220
Size:  110.2 KBName:  IMG_6720.JPG
Views: 1128
Size:  117.6 KBName:  IMG_6954.JPG
Views: 1282
Size:  110.0 KBName:  IMG_6975.JPG
Views: 1053
Size:  115.6 KBName:  IMG_6620.JPG
Views: 1078
Size:  115.5 KB

And just for AMCO72, from Saturday......Name:  IMG_6029.JPG
Views: 1027
Size:  150.0 KB

World Champion
    Gee ta Malcom. The driver tells me he was just backing out of the bank, and I believe him........why shouldn't I ?????????????

That was the hairpin, a very tricky and steep corner. Some drivers got it dead right, others including Angus NO. The trick was NOT to cut the corner, just maintain momentum........except if you had 4 wheel drive.

What I would like is a pic of the Mini in the top ten shootout pre75 group, when he had a big 'off' at the top of the hill. Anyone got a picture......I will pay handsomely for one!!

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    Gee ta Malcom. The driver tells me he was just backing out of the bank, and I believe him........why shouldn't I ?????????????

That was the hairpin, a very tricky and steep corner. Some drivers got it dead right, others including Angus NO. The trick was NOT to cut the corner, just maintain momentum........except if you had 4 wheel drive.

What I would like is a pic of the Mini in the top ten shootout pre75 group, when he had a big 'off' at the top of the hill. Anyone got a picture......I will pay handsomely for one!!
    So you can hold it over his head huh Gerald?

How about some photos of cus2 and whats up with the Brakes on this car.

Thanks for putting the photo up.

Hey Great pics thanks for the sneeky photos well done just fantastic ...........Grant

World Champion
    The Custaxie 2 looks pretty good in that shot. Notice the new, extra wide....[Jolly wide?].... wheels.
    She has some serious rubber on now....

Nice Tribute car Gerald but the wheels don't look to be 15" size? not that there's anything wrong with that, just taking note.

Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Nice Tribute car Gerald but the wheels don't look to be 15" size? not that there's anything wrong with that, just taking note.

Dale M
    Stirrer

Whats up, no photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post

Dale M

Why take note, has he applied to run with you. And you have seen the back of it before.

No stirring ah Dale.

Uuuummm, I don't want to get dragged into the debate about this car, and I certainly don't want to climb inside Dale's head to understand the way his brain works (scary place!) but reading into his comments re this car not having 15" wheels, I view his questioning of this as being that the original car had 15" diameter wheels, this car was built with 15" wheels, now it no longer has them. It wouldn't have anything to do with HMC, as the car wouldn't be eligible for HMC even if it did have 15" wheels.

There is a separate site to discuss this tribute car, can we please stick to the thread topic.
    Rod asked the same thing in post #62
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 04-05-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Weekend Warrior

Leadfoot cars

Back to Leadfoot. I've been following the thread and the inevitable debate about original v replica.

So does anyone want to hazard a guess as to how many cars that went up the hill would pass muster as being a genuine and accurate representation of the car in period?

It's an interesting point, because assuming that Rod wants to replicate the Goodwood Festival (which he says he does), is originality relevant to the event? That's the real question on this thread, not whether one car or another would pass scrutiny as a genuine historic, which is a question, as Steve and others says, for other places.

And just out of interest, I'm not sure exactly how many twin turbocharged Jaguar powered Transit Vans raced in period, but Justin Law does pedal one up the hill at Goodwood....

JD

PS: I had dust up with Justin in a Group C race many years ago when he was driving an ex works 220...he's a tough cookie and I have no idea how he even got the bloody van up the hill without coming off.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IQIXfTfy10