Quote Originally Posted by crunch View Post
Think I have changed my mind with all the good input on here. I now think that we need to put "on-hold" introducing a new generation Formula Ford class. We need to attract the "already here" field out of the sheds. I dont think that problem is as much to do with the engine as some have stated, but the perception of costs. I take on board what Barry Leitch has said and believe it. It shows you dont have to have a fat wallet/big sponsor to run at the front.

Now MSNZ has to find ways and incentives to get a field out there, many have already been presented to them with the internal report of 3 years ago, but there are more we should start working on TODAY with the FF Association.

However; unless Honda are paying as a class sponsor, I dont see any fit in the near future for them. It has only been called Formula Ford because that is what it is known as, can be Formula ??? (whoever is paying). One year, the Class 2 cars were called Formula Dunlop due to a sponsorship arrangement so it may not automatically be called Formula Ford, but we know we will all refer to it as that.....
Its good to know the consultation process works Crunch. I think your new position is right on the money, now its over to the various interested parties to make it happen.