Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Lambrecht Chevrolet Company Auction

Article: Lambrecht Chevrolet Company Auction

Name:  003.JPG
Views: 1557
Size:  74.4 KB

Its amazing whats still out there! No doubt some of you will now know about the amazing family owned Lambrecht Chevrolet Company in Pierce, Nebraska, which was first founded by Ray Lambrecht in 1946. Ray and his wife Mildred ran the company until eventually closing its doors in 1996. Each year, unsold cars would be taken out to the family farm and parked in the paddocks. Some were stored under cover from the elements. Several of the vehicles were brand new, gaining only dealer miles. Some have as little as 2 miles on them! The Lambrechts kept the vehicles, as well as a huge stock pile of NOS parts, old brochers, etc, and on the weekend, VanDerBrink Auctions sold the entire collection. This is amazing, essentially a time-warp, of cars and parts that are, other than weather damage, either brand new, or nearly new cars. Here is the VanDerBrink Auctions description:

"On the Weekend of September 28th, 2013, VanDerBrink Auctions, LLC will sell the contents of the virtual Time Capsule. The man behind the mystery is Ray P. Lambrecht, owner of Lambrecht Chevrolet Company from 1946 to 1996. This Collection consists of approx. 500 vehicles from the 1930’s to early 1970’s, and even a few newer vehicles, many of which were trades from the dealership. There are also 30-50 Vehicles that are essentially new and never sold Chevrolets. They are sitting ready for new owners, with most under 10 miles and still on MSO. Mr. Lambrecht’s love cars started at an early age. Ray was born in the kick off of the automobile in 1918. When he was a kid the love the automobile was evident with Ray carving models of cars of the day, down to the very detail of autos of the day. Startling Everyone, at age 9 when he climbed into the family’s 1927 Chevrolet 2dr Coupe and drove his Mother 7 miles to town for groceries. His love of cars stayed with him through being drafted into WWII. Ray was honorably discharged in 1946 from the service and opportunity came knocking.

Name:  001.JPG
Views: 986
Size:  71.5 KB

"There is a lot of history in this collection and many years of selling Chevrolets. Ray can still remember where all the vehicles came from and the stories of selling them. New Cars that were unsold from that year were also brought out to the farm and stored. The new model years came in and ready to sell to the public. This is where such note worthy cars in this collection are a 1978 Chevrolet Indy Pace Car with 5 miles still on MSO, a 1965 Impala 396 FAC car with 5 miles on MSO, 1958 Chevrolet Cameo Pickup on MSO with 2 miles, 1959 Chevrolet Bel Aire 4dr HT with 2 miles, 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle SS with low miles, and the list goes on with approximately 50 Cars still on MSO! Along with an assortment of Tri-Five Cars, Impalas, 2dr’s, 4dr’s, and the list goes on. They are everything from survivors, projects and sadly the elements have made some of them parts cars or donors.

Name:  002.JPG
Views: 1055
Size:  70.5 KB

"Ray just loved to sell new cars and trucks, and he sold alot of them. The love of Chevrolet’s spilled over to their children Jeannie and Mark. Ray used to ask Jeannie, What is the best car in the World?” Jeannie would proudly proclaim, “Chevrolet!”. A Corvette pedal car that they had when they were little still sits in the dealership and will be sold on the auction on Saturday. Jeannie Remembers her Dad being in many parades, receiving awards for selling cars, and couldn’t wait till the transports would arrive with all the new cars. It was just like Christmas for these GM True blue kids. Announcement Day was huge at Lambrecht Chevrolet Company and a huge event for the town to see what designs were new for that year. The new cars were hidden away till the latest Chevrolet Style was revealed to residents with big fan fare. It was a wonderful time in Pierce, NE.

Name:  11K_1.JPG
Views: 1294
Size:  80.4 KB

"Throughout the years, Lambrecht Chevrolet Company remained a small family operated business. IN the 1980’s, my parents made the transition from a typewriter to a computer but still used the 1946 cash register, and that register still stands there today. IN 1996 after 50 years of operating Lambrecht Chevrolet Company, Ray and Mildred along with the family, made the difficult decision to give up the franchise and continue to operate as Lambrecht Chevrolet Auto Company. Now 17 years later, they have made the diffi cult decision to sell their babies, the cars. Ray is 95 years old and Mildred is 92 and remain loyal to the Chevrolet Brand to this day. Ray actively follows Chevrolet and General Motor’s designs. The collection of over 500 survivor vehicles comprise a lifetime of hard work, tears, and joy for the Lambrechts. The dealership is a virtual time capsule and this capsule will be opened back up and the contents and inventory sold at auction to the highest bidder. VanDerBrink Auctions, LLC will conduct an auction of the entire collection on the weekend of September 28th, and 29th, 2013 at the farm in Pierce, Ne, just south of town. The vehicles, along with an assortment of NOS parts, tools, and some memorabilia will be offered at NO Reserve to the highest bidder. The collection is sure to attract collectors from all over the world, and this is your chance to bid and buy a piece of this Automotive Urban Legend. The inventory will be available to bidders ON-Site along with on-line bidding available. VanDerBrink has sold survivor cars before, and this one as Yvette VanDerBrink Says, “is amazing and a true spot frozen in time”".

Cool huh! Imagine buying a brand new 50 year old car. I will post more pics.

At least he had some foresight as to their value one day Steve, if you google Collier AMC North Carolina, you`ll see the other end of the spectrum where the dealership owner bought a Pebble Beach Concours car and left it amongst a couple of hundred other cars to all simply rust away, and when approached to sell anything the plonker wanted stupid money for them.

In this morning's Herald it said the first six cars at auction sold for $100,000 each.

Yeah, I'm not surprised Woody, its not every day a brand new 50 year old car comes up for sale. Only trouble is though, buying a 50 year old car with 2 miles on the clock, you can never drive it!

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    At least he had some foresight as to their value one day Steve, if you google Collier AMC North Carolina, you`ll see the other end of the spectrum where the dealership owner bought a Pebble Beach Concours car and left it amongst a couple of hundred other cars to all simply rust away, and when approached to sell anything the plonker wanted stupid money for them.
    Yeah, thats a waste Steve.

I'm not sure if its the same Corvette pedal car in both these shots. Be nice to think it was.....

Name:  010.JPG
Views: 955
Size:  56.2 KB

Name:  011.JPG
Views: 941
Size:  81.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    I'm not sure if its the same Corvette pedal car in both these shots. Be nice to think it was.....

Name:  010.JPG
Views: 955
Size:  56.2 KB

Name:  011.JPG
Views: 941
Size:  81.7 KB
    If it was i don't think those two kids would fit anymore, after all could you imagine fullnoise68 fitting into his old pedal car, now thats a big LOL

PS: Had this link sent to me from one of my US connections a week or two back, it seems they got pretty money at Auction.

Dale M

I read an article over the weekend that said they got $5800 USD for the corvette pedal car. Apparently the successful bidder just held his catalogue up until he owned it. He was probably bidding against the sparrow in the rafters from about $3000!

Incidently Dale I never had a pedal car. My very early days were spent opening the workshop door to the likes of Rods Zephyr Corvette, the Mustang, Camaro and Firebird, John Rileys Traco Olds Anglia, John Wards Anglia and Cortina, so the only pedal I really looked forward to hearing was the one on the far right!

Speaking of pedal cars, Grant Marwood and I got given a J40 Austin pedal car ( worth plenty these days ) when we were going to High School, which we took down to the old Performance Developments in Takanini and with the help of Dennis we `hot rodded' it............
    Last edited by fullnoise68; 10-01-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    I read an article over the weekend that said they got $5800 USD for the corvette pedal car. Apparently the successful bidder just held his catalogue up until he owned it. He was probably bidding against the sparrow in the rafters from about $3000!
    It sold for US$16k!!
    https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...ette-Pedal-Car

thats cheap for an original unrestored Corvette made in USA. Best way to do it as that needs no further work to it,-no brakes, tyres etc- unlike any road car from that period where purchase price is just the beginning of spending.Just pedal away in your environmentally friendly sports car.

Thanks Powder, I just checked the article I had read and I see they amended the price to $15,800 plus costs.

Imagine if you had it here in NZ and put it on "Trade Me" be lucky to get $1500!!!!!

There's some cheap cars and parts for sale in NZ at the moment!!

Dale M

The teal blue `58 Chev Cameo Pick Up with 1.3 miles on it ( first pic on post #3 ) topped the auction as highest price vehicle at $142,000 USD + costs.