Thread: NZeder's Datsun 260z Build Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My idea of racing something different and 100% correct to the rules one car for T&C and one for Schedule K has been short lived I feel as with the latest update from the HMC who have stated the under 3l grid will not accept non saloon based production cars.

So I will have 2 classless cars both were to be 100% to the respective rules (I was going to get COD for both) but sounds like these are the types of cars people don't want to see on the track. They want more of the same saloons. So I have the wrong cars for racing in NZ it seems. So what is someone like me to do?

I am pleased ERC will allow me to run and that is where the T&C car will live once complete.

So I might as well just dump a V8 into the flared car and just do club days (not classic racing of any sort) with that car? But then I would have to dump all the period brakes etc so I can stop the thing and be slightly competitive which is unlikely with a 40+ year old chassis design and not what I want to do.

A number of years ago I owned a very tidy Datsun 160jsss (710) that I wanted to turn into a classic race car but with no grid for such a car I reluctantly sold the car (should not have let it go very rare car these days) this car would fit the under 3l saloon rule but as I don't have that car anymore that option has long gone.

Does make one just want to sell everything up and walk away from the sport I have followed for some 25+ years and that is classic racing, modern forms of the sport don't have the draw IMHO. Then just hop on my motorbike and never attend another classic race/event.
    Last edited by nzeder; 08-25-2014 at 10:10 AM.
    Mike L