Thread: Safety Issues

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    No trouble John, from my experience it is best to be armed with the knowledge from the rule book for often I have encountered officials and other participants most of whom are very well meaning but, they are adding their personal thoughts to the requirements rather than just complying with and / or enforcing the requirements of the sport.
    They do it with the best of intentions but it can be miss leading and cause conflict.
    Sometimes this occurs simply because they are out of date with current requirements.
    Like the time an official said my roll cage on my pre 60 single seater (K) did not comply. I said the regs were clear that it was not mandatory to have a roll bar at all but I chose to put one in for safety but it could not comply as the 60yr old chassis design did not allow it but it was professionally done with the right material but could not have the correct angles -hence the rule the way it is.
    Answer: either have it complying or take it out!
    Personal opinion getting in the way of common sense rule.
    I raced anyway.
    Chris Read - Arrowtown
    Last edited by Chris Read; 07-28-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: wrong category letter sb K