Quote Originally Posted by Chris Read View Post
I do, but it was in the video period of my life long photo taking and the vids are on little cassettes for which the camera does not now work. One of my many retirement projects is to convert them onto disc and there is a plan!
The story was a little more than a drive - My kids were reminding me of the trip not so long ago as after we had rented the Moke (I had to hand over my Passport as collateral which Kiwis don't like doing). I said I would take them round the Macau circuit and off we went but part of it in street form was 'one way' and not the way we were going. We continued on anyway but not without being noticed by the local miltia who took off after us. We headed for the houses (my passport being recorded by the rental firm in the back of my mind) on the hills above the town to lose them but boxed ourselves in on an ever narrowing downhill street that ended with steps. The kids were hooting with excitement over the chase saying to go for it, so down the steps we went in the Moke as only a NZder knew was their purpose. At the bottom I saw the big bridge over to the first island and on the advice of my wife who was becoming less impressed with the antics, she said we had better get out of town - and that's how we ended up in the village with the padlocked car. We booked out of the hotel, took the Moke back to the ferry terminal, got my passport back and left on the last ferry to the mainland that night - a day early. Haven't been back since. Chris Read - Arrowtown.
My friend, the Chief of Police in Macau, sends his regards. A great tale from a ageing hoon (pardon the expression) Nowadays you'd be a boy-racer.