World Champion
    here's an interesting one
    Attached Images Attached Images   

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by shellsport View Post
    Celica ?
    Yep ex - Schnitzer as bought to Japan by TOMS

Semi-Pro Racer
    ...when I was 'Buying' cars out of Tokyo / Japan, in the 80's,one yard I used to go to had a 80's/ Le Mans Sports car on top of its office, no running gear as such,big wheel just sitting in place,still all signwriten up........but sadley 'Not For Sale',but what a great starting point...oh Well!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thunder427 View Post
    ...when I was 'Buying' cars out of Tokyo / Japan, in the 80's,one yard I used to go to had a 80's/ Le Mans Sports car on top of its office, no running gear as such,big wheel just sitting in place,still all signwriten up........but sadley 'Not For Sale',but what a great starting point...oh Well!!!!!
    Like the Roller on top of the shed in the wrecking yard between Hamilton and Cambridge. Style! At least some of it was for sale as I got a piece of trim off it I needed for my car at the time.
    Chris Read-Arrowtown

Quote Originally Posted by thunder427 View Post
    Myles, if you were buying cars out of Japan in the '80s, you'd have to be a multi-millionaire now wouldn't you? It seems those smart enough to jump on this market back then had a licence to print money.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Steve, yes, there was a lot of money to be made, I had put 4years into refinning my purchasing and import /export skills,with some fine people involved both in Japan and Melbourne, signed a deal to import cars/vans/people movers for an Australian based Asian company that was 3yrs in contract,worth inexcess of $5 mill only to recieve a "General' letter from the F#!~%ng Australian Government that basically said ...Quote; 90days from the receipt of this letter there will be no more 'Personal imports!!!!.....I should have got on the plane and come home,but I had meet a number of the NZ 'importers' in Japan and I figured the last thing that was required was another 'Punter'......I grew up in the car game as my Father sold 'New and abused' cars his whole life.his advise at that time was that there was enough people doing it in NZ...his advice was ....."think of something else"!!!.......but I like the way you think Steve!!!