Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Photos: The Gerard Richards Collection - Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by bob homewood View Post
    Attachment 14455
    Paul Fahey ,Lotus Anglia Paritutu 1966 ,if you look closely you can see the hay bale placement is identical to them in the Barry Phillips photo at the same spot ,no fast back on the car in this photo ,I don't know for sure but perhaps it made for better visibility on this tight circuit ,I did get to drive one of these with the fast back in testing at Levin at a later date and for me anyway I found that visibility was not good
    Bob about the visibility,I was always impressed how you little folk could drive such fast cars so close to each other without touching

Steve, best of luck with Oscar. As you say they are part of the family. And I think the bigger they are the more they attach to you.
    Cheers

Jim, About visibility, those VW's were pretty hard to see out the back of as well, especially when they had been modified. I never could see through the back window to see what you were up too, so I wouldn't pass in case you had not noticed (again) that some one was quickly catching and following you.

Will give you a call before Xmas (mate)

Attachment 14454
    Barry Phillips Lotus Cortina Paritutu Labour Day 1966 ,and no he wasn't wearing no 86 the permanent race number system was a little bit down the track
    Photo #195 They raced hard back then, look at the poor young thing, new left front wing and primor on drivers door. And as mentioned No. 77
    She looks resplendent in days of retirement old 86. (as we all should)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rod Grimwood; 12-11-2012 at 08:19 AM.

GD 66 PM me with your exact question
    GD66 in answer to your question in your PM ,that meeting would be Levin 15th January 1972 and if it is the green Anglia ,I believe that is Bob Neilsen from Petone ,the other Anglia hidden alongside it would possibly be Greg Lancaster,now you can be a good chap and post it in the right thread for me

All the best for a speedy recovery for Oscar, Steve. They certainly are mans best friends.

Bruce.

Another of Gerards Jack Inwood photos, this one of Joe Chamberlain in his Trans-Am Camaro in 1973 at Bay Park.

Name:  Joe Chamberlain, '69 Trans Am Camaro, Bay Park Dec '72.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  96.7 KB

And another Jack Inwood photo, of Jim Palmer and John Riley at Renwick. Obviously a lot of respect was shown between drivers on this track. This stretch of road is really a single lane.

Name:  Jim Palmer leads John Riley at Renwick Gold Star race Oct 1964.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  151.6 KB

Gad ! Not terribly wide ! Presumably that's the Stanton in fourth, who would be the red car in third ? Silver helmet not ringing any bells...

Now i know this is not what you want to talk about boys,this is for steve holmes i think i know how you feel about your dog steve .Last week this little dog the size of a small cat got out, and too very big dogs ran across the road i got there just in time to stop them from taking this little dog a part ,the lady owner of this little dog was and is still very upset over what went down because like you say they are part of the family ,so all the best to you with your dog and hope things work out for you and your family.

Steve, I know what its like. We lost the second of our two Lab / Huntaway's earlier this year and it took a bit of getting used to. They certainly make themselves an important part of your life.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    Presumably that's the Stanton in fourth, who would be the red car in third ? Silver helmet not ringing any bells...
    Kerry Grant

Cheers David, I wondered about that but had a mental picture of Kerry having a dark helmet. That's the first Renwick pic I've seen in colour, I think. I'm really enjoying the amount of historical treasure this wonderful forum is unearthing.

Semi-Pro Racer
    He used a white hat early in the season, then changed to a dark (black?) one

This is Paul Fahey and Red Dawson (ex-Segedin) blasting off the line in their Mustangs.

Name:  Pukekohe Oct '67, Thorpe Studio photo.jpg
Views: 1277
Size:  95.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CUSTAXIE50 View Post
    Now i know this is not what you want to talk about boys,this is for steve holmes i think i know how you feel about your dog steve .Last week this little dog the size of a small cat got out, and too very big dogs ran across the road i got there just in time to stop them from taking this little dog a part ,the lady owner of this little dog was and is still very upset over what went down because like you say they are part of the family ,so all the best to you with your dog and hope things work out for you and your family.
    Thanks for that Norm, I appreciate it. Unfortunately he died on Thursday last week. The surgeons opened him up to remove the tumour, and found he was riddled with cancer throughout his body. It amazes me he was so strong and so brave, and never complained once, and never gave any indication of the pain and discomfort he must have been in. What an amazing creature! He is much missed, and much loved.

Sorry to Gerard I steered his amazing thread off topic with this.

Real sorry to hear that Steve. They are amazing animals and seldom let you know what they are going through.

Steve- Dogs give themselves completely , love their owners 100%, and never complain.That is a love for you to always hold ,remember and treasure.Oscar may not be with you, but he will never forgotten.

Fahey, Dawson photo Oct-Nov 1967

[QUOTE=Steve Holmes;22131]This is Paul Fahey and Red Dawson (ex-Segedin) blasting off the line in their Mustangs.

Name:  Pukekohe Oct '67, Thorpe Studio photo.jpg
Views: 1277
Size:  95.3 KB[/QUOTE Just wanted to accurately credit this photo of Paul Fahey and Red gunning there Mustangs off the line at Pukekohe in late '67. This photo was taken by Thorpe Studio's in Pukekohe. They were responsible for taking quite a number of motor racing images in the Franklin area from the mid 60's to about 1973.Many were printed in their monthly publication Franklin Photo News, which ran between those dates. These regional photo news magazines were published in many regions of New Zealand and most of them carried quite interesting segements on Motor Sport in their respective area's. The Roaring Season has illustrated a number of these pics from different parts of the country in a selection of the threads. These photo news mags are very interesting records of the grass level and international level of motor sport in N.Z. but they are now almost impossible to find.

Pleased I saved some now,plus some 1952 Mechanix Illustrated.