Eli, great to see a thread on Silverdale......so many memories. My dad was Norm Pleasance secretary of the ASCC from just before the war until approx 1950. Following this he surveyed and directed all three of the Redex Trials. I recall as a very young bloke meeting Jim and Tom Sulman with Norm on many a Saturday afternoon at the hill climb. Some years later in my teens I got involved with motorcycle trials and can clearly remember when Jim opened up "The Silverdale Trial" around 1973 /1974 which provided a terrific venue to practice and ride in the day.I used to use the spectator access areas as "sections" and the big grassed area as a sort of long track circuit. We were not allowed to ride on the actual hill climb circuit however the return road was 'legal" An enjoyable run on a bike!!
My early bikes included a stable of old Honda S and CL 90's in various states of repair however the highlight was the day I christened my newly purchased TY250A Yamaha at "the Silverdale Trail" I recall the stickers black writing on a chrome background--"I've ridden the Silverdale Trail"--- From memory your dad Mark had a Montesa Cota at this time and there was a guy called Frank who was a dedicated Bultaco Sherpa man. Both very pedigreed bikes of the era. Would love to see any photos of the hillclimb and "trail" days and was wondering when the actual last hillclimb event was held.
Regards
John Pleasance