Lobbying - or lack of it - and that is probably where Auckland has indeed failed! But doesn't lobbying lead to block voting anyway?

Sorry, forgive my naiivety, but politics never was my forte. The perception I gleaned from the meetimg the other night around Auckland is that people who should know better have no idea what is actually going on in the region.

Apparently, money has been spent by MSNZ on developing an on line event entry system (that isn't yet working). We have news for them. We have had one running successfully in the region for a few years now! Didn't they know that? If not, why not?

Years ago I had a lot to do with pushing for the scrapping of paper entry forms as I had all details for most drivers on file anyway (licences, expiry dates, car details etc.). Along with HRC we pushed for emailed regs and the drivers simply signed the disclaimer at documentation/signing on having emailed their intention to compete and sent a cheque. Even easier now with internet banking.

Since then, HRC/TACCOC had a system developed and although it may not be 100% perfect, it isn't too far from it and is still being refined. Race entry and issued paperwork for organisers has never been easier (or cheaper) and the time savings are enormous.

No longer do we have to print out 3 or 4 pages, collate, envelope, address, stamp and post 300-400 sets, then wait for 25% to come trickling back with cheques that have to be banked etc. Nor do we have to worry about well meaning race secretaries putting cars into the wrong classes - that is now up to the drivers - who still get it wrong...

Sure there is often an anti Auckland attitude by those south of the Bombays, but that is not to say that there is a lack of expertise in the region, but if those people with expertise are not well known further south and don't get voted in, it is hardly their fault.