Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to all the Breadvan Anglia's?

Cool. Does anyone know the progress on the Doyle Angle restoration? How old is that clipping Angria?

a couple of years, in NZ Classic Driver letters ,the guy has health issues from his letter, so I dont think it has much momentium this is the type of project i would like to tackle next, Does anybody know if the Govners bay fastback thats pictured on this thread that was for sale for some time find a home

Triang with roof rienstated this would be a grouse ,resto as a breadvan,left hand drive Triumph engine unreal maybe this is a different car as the steering wheels back on the right Rob Bartley sent me the pics so will ask him
    Attached Images Attached Images  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoGuIzvu0Dc not sure what thread for this but some assd breadvans at the end , including Jum Ruchards in 105 with Sabrina light covers

Here you go Angria. I haven't seen that footage for a while. Its quite amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by 105angria View Post
    a couple of years, in NZ Classic Driver letters ,the guy has health issues from his letter, so I dont think it has much momentium this is the type of project i would like to tackle next, Does anybody know if the Govners bay fastback thats pictured on this thread that was for sale for some time find a home
    I'd heard about the one in Goveners Bay, but never seen pictures of it. Was it one of the race cars, or that fastback road car that was for sale a couple of years ago?

So is the Doyle Anglia still in the Lower North Island?

The Govners Bay car is a dead ringer for the fastback on this thread ,but spent a long long time in the open under some trees so looked a lot worse for wear

Huxford Anglia

Think that the red fastback was Gary Huxford's. He was a member of the "Miramar Racing Team" together with Alex Wilson in his hybird 105E/100E that he built a replica of. These guys used to compete at Palmer Head, then drive their cars home on the road.
    The other memeber of the team was Trevor Eve in his blue 1650cc 105E that I recall was fastbacked. I recall John Mines of Morris Ford, Bambina Mid Cooper S and JRM fame built the car that was unfortunately wrecked when it came away from its A Frame. Will post a picture of the car which I think is at Alexander Road Hill Climb Wellington.

Quote Originally Posted by 105angria View Post
    The Govners Bay car is a dead ringer for the fastback on this thread ,but spent a long long time in the open under some trees so looked a lot worse for wear
    Is this the car you're talking about? http://www.anglia-models.co.uk/saloon-photo45.htm

Guys, can you ID the #89 and #92 Breadvans in this link? http://www.anglia-models.co.uk/saloon-photor43.htm

Is the 92 car the Huxford version?

Semi-Pro Racer
    Another Anglia with a chopped roof [ not sure that it ever had the fastback ] was that of Henry Hammond, Centre Bush , Southland , raced at most SI circuits, was bought later by Evan Dickie [ No relation to Alec ] & Roof was put back 'up' to comply with OSCA regs, that car ended its days on Stock Car Track

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Guys, can you ID the #89 and #92 Breadvans in this link? http://www.anglia-models.co.uk/saloon-photor43.htm

Is the 92 car the Huxford version?
    Think 92 is was the Huxford car. 89 looks like Goodlass car ex Simpson. However has fluted bonnet that was not on the original

Another Fastback

Pretty sure this is Trevor Eve in his Anglia built by John Mines.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Do you have more info on this car 45DCOE? The roof conversion actually looks really nicely done. Looks like the A-pillars have been leaned back too. Thats a great looking car.

Quote Originally Posted by 45DCOE View Post
    Think 92 is was the Huxford car. 89 looks like Goodlass car ex Simpson. However has fluted bonnet that was not on the original
    We need to look further into this. If the #89 car is ex Simpson, then this car won the 1966 NZ Saloon Car Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    We need to look further into this. If the #89 car is ex Simpson, then this car won the 1966 NZ Saloon Car Championship.
    Therewas an a letter to the editor in Driver Magazine a while back submitted by Gary Lang. Think he said he sold the car to the Goodlass family

John Mines is still active and racing - would it be possible for someone to ask him if he would be interested in joining this site ?