Page 24 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    And please everyone, when you meet Steve at the festival thank him for this and all the work he puts into HMC by doing these posters and magazine articles and other behind the scene work, all unpaid voluntary because like me we luv our old motorsport saloon history and the hero drivers that made it happen.

Dale M
    You betcha

World Champion
    John McK.........whats happening? You have gone all quiet on us. Hope you are still fit to drive after all the overtime!!!!

Gerald-thanks for your concern.Come to the end of a longer bit of string than I thought.See you tomorrow.

A great and largely incident-free practice and qualifying for the HMC boys. What a thrill to see the 20 strong field of musclecars head out of their enclosure for their session.

I knocked up a 12 minute video of the day's highlights when I got home and have uploaded to YouTube at http://youtu.be/WS4uqbMaO2s

It should have finished uploading by about two this afternoon. Thanks to the Aussie competitors John Lord, John English, Col Warrington and Ian Woodward for the use of their in-car camera footage.

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray Maunder View Post
    A great and largely incident-free practice and qualifying for the HMC boys. What a thrill to see the 20 strong field of musclecars head out of their enclosure for their session.

I knocked up a 12 minute video of the day's highlights when I got home and have uploaded to YouTube at http://youtu.be/WS4uqbMaO2s

It should have finished uploading by about two this afternoon. Thanks to the Aussie competitors John Lord, John English, Col Warrington and Ian Woodward for the use of their in-car camera footage.
    Great work on the video!!

Well done Murray, those of us who can't be there today can at least see the great cars in action.

Fantstic Video!! Thanks for putting that together!

Saturday - another day in paradise! A great show lads.
    Name:  213_0119_218.JPG
Views: 1134
Size:  87.4 KB

Name:  213_0119_220.JPG
Views: 1172
Size:  105.0 KB

Name:  213_0119_319.JPG
Views: 1151
Size:  181.9 KB

Name:  213_0119_290.JPG
Views: 1150
Size:  147.9 KB

Name:  213_0119_317.JPG
Views: 1103
Size:  165.8 KB
    Last edited by ERC; 01-19-2013 at 06:57 AM.

If you think it looks great here, its even more paradise in the pack.

Journeyman Racer
    Awesome video! We had a great day today and it was great to finally meet kiwiboss and catch up with Steve again. You guys are doing an excellent job with the Historic Muscle Car deal. Sure was fun to watch!

Red face

Here is the finished/ ready car to go to Hampton Downs for its big weekend out.Remember when it was just a rusty body May last year.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Here is the finished/ ready car to go to Hampton Downs for its big weekend out.Remember when it was just a rusty body May last year.
    John, Thanks for sharing the rebuild with us. It was great to see you out there this weekend after knowing what went on 'behind the scenes'. Here's a photo that might sum up your race strategy, ie stay out of the way of those bloody Aussies.

Name:  2013_NZFMR_1000b.jpg
Views: 990
Size:  128.0 KB

Dale, are you sure you have the right idea about this class having no competition between the drivers? Those Aussies were pretty fast.

I had a great weekend. Thanks for the entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    If you think it looks great here, its even more paradise in the pack.
    Good to see the car in the flesh and on the track yesterday John after following the build here over the last few months and now the development begins I suppose. Great stuff

Powder, tonttu- thanks for the great comments, and fantastic action pic with me and John Lord.
    For everybody who followed the build and the time frame, I am so glad there was this for you to see out there.
    083 and I had an absolute ball. Friday , needle valve in carb jammed shut during qualifying.
    Finished all 4 races , though had persistent problems with plugs. Did not have time to dyno and check motor-that will happen this week. Also top loader shifter is to be replaced. Oh yes, vents fitted to front guards.
    Car is great, the driver needs the work.
    To anyone wanting to take part in HMC, it is much easier than you think. If I can build a car and get there, anyone can.
    The Aussies were great to be out there with , I explained my race strategy to everyone and consideration was shown to a newbie.
    Motor is a standard 351 2v cleveland, original valves , springs and hydraulic cam and lifters.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 01-20-2013 at 10:33 AM.

For those of you who haven't met our erstwhile leader here is a couple of photos from the weekend.

Steve with John McKechnie

Steve enjoying a ride in Bruce 302's new Mustang

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    For those of you who haven't met our erstwhile leader here is a couple of photos from the weekend.

Steve with John McKechnie

Thats not the Sidchrome Mustang in the background is it ?