Hi All, Inoted the photos on this thread of Richard Izard at the 1960 Nurburgring. I have known Richard for quite some time so I sent this link off to him to catch up with. He was really interested and would be interested in joining but is flat out at the moment with another project. However he passed on some notes that I will post here for members.

Richard. "I am still a car nut and take cars onto the Taupo track whenever I get a chance. I was quite heavily involved in motorsport in the early fifrties through to my last race at Pukekohe in the 1963 Wills 6 hour race driving a Triumph Vitesse Six saloon. My exploits in England and Europe included the Nurburgring 500 km international race and as reserve driver for Standard Triumph in the 1960 Le Mans 24 hour race. I could not drive in this race due to the tragic loss of life of 2 employees in a Canadian race. I was sidelined by the Directors of Standard Triumph because of the potential litigation as an employee if I had an accident. I should have resigned as an employee of the company for that week. I did not think of it at the time. I subsequently raced for them under sponsorship.

I must admit I had a hell of a lot of fun in those days and won a number of rally and mionor racing events in mostly entirely unsuitabke machinery. Probably my main claim to fame was driving Triumph swing axle products in the most unorthodox manner.

I would really like to meet up with enthusiasts again. It was sad about Brad. I will never forget our trip to the Nurburgring with him as my mechanic. There are some real stories to be told".

Hopefully we can get Richard to join in and sdhare his experiences.