Quote Originally Posted by Powder View Post
While checking the HRSCC website to see if the Taupo race meeting was still on this weekend I noticed this link:

http://www.hrscc.co.nz/gallery.html

I'd heard of the shed/s and some of its contents but was under the impression it was very much a private collection.
Yep it is a private collection.....Gary has asked me to source a couple of American Funny Cars for him after I had returned from the States and was invited to a "monthly" get together lunch with a few of the old boys of USA Drag racing. I very nearly bought (as I was offered it at a very attractive price) ....one of John Force's Mustang Funny Cars..(less motor).....Don Garlits, John Force, Mongoose (of The Snake ...Prudohme....and the Mongoose....)...whos name just escapes me at this moment, Lee Cohen..(whom I got the invite from.. and has visited NZ a few times to stay with Garth Hogan....but sadly passed away a year ago..) and about three other "legends" were there....so awe inspiring to be amongst that lot of the sports "History"...Cut a story bit short...I will talk with John Force next time I go up there and Shuemacher...(used to run the Army Funny Cars) and will organise those for Gary's collection. Gary is moving his collection soon as he has sold his property along side the motorway. And how true is ERC about you can't judge a man by his appearance....I would hate to hazzard a guess the "worth" of his collection. And I love the idea of rotating a Museum piece each month.....Regards, Tony Rutherford.