Thread: The 'Other' Ferrari 250 GTO

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Logan always referred to the car as "Charlotte" but I have no idea about the name's origin. Logan died several years ago and was a most eccentric but engaging person. His Grandfather was a 4 times mayor of Hamilton during the '20's and the Fow's Furniture (or was it Flooring) store in central Hamilton was one of the family businesses.

The photos are actually taken in front of my parent's house in Hamilton where John Anderson and I removed the body after I brokered the sale to Neil Corner. I was back in NZ for the Jan '78 Formula Pacific series but had had a major pre season testing accident at Puke (after a mechanical failure but doesn't everyone say that) and was in plaster waiting to go back into hospital for more bone grafts at the time so had a bit of time on my hands!

I understand the "GTO" bodywork still exists, to me the proportions didn't look right and it really was the most impractical road car imaginable. Although many people, including on this forum, think it was a loss to change the car back but it was the last Ferrari front engined Formula One car and I still think that is the correct historical spec for it. At least that's how I rationalised it at the time!
    Last edited by Howard Wood; 08-14-2011 at 06:33 AM.