Thread: Old Programmes, movies and memories from the Fifties, Sixties and Seventies.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by khyndart in CA View Post
    Roger,
    I will give it a try.

Name:  Roger Dowding. 1980. TR 4 A. Pukekohe. # 1.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  37.0 KB

Roger Dowding on the grid in his Triumph TR4 A. Pukekohe. 1980

Name:  Roger Dowding. TR 4 A. 1980.. # 2.jpg
Views: 1036
Size:  42.1 KB
    Ken, your a champion, the guy I am looking at was the President of the NZ TR Register, forgotten the name. the TR did a lot of sprints Hillclimbs in 1978 - 80, before i was involved in an accident, had just got some " mudgrip tyres " for the metal hillclimbs for the 80/81 season and went for a drive, going up Mount Atkinson, in Titirangi, Auckland quite slowly and a younger guy in a Cortina was on the downhill run, saw me hit the brakes and, of course lost all steering, So, into the right front of the TR.. no more racing for a while.
    Had the car rebuilt, and was sold to help buy a house, the buyer was a Charles Matschek, from Portland Oregon, who lived in NZ with his Kiwi wife, well he went racing in it, Wings and Wheels at Whenuapai, Pukekohe Classics, and others fitted Dell'Ortos in place of the SU's which I had. last heard of in around 2006 the car was in Christchurch, unregistered under the licence plate DF4958.
    If anybody knows where it is now, would love to find out.
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 05-21-2015 at 10:07 AM. Reason: cannot type