Quote Originally Posted by thunder427 View Post
...The Terry Allan Camaro is 1967,with 1/4 windows and no side indicator lights,check the rear 1/4 on the 'Indy Speed Shop' Camaro,square side markers,'68 was 1st year for the side marker as standard item and one piece side glass..in those days they were more interested in 'Horsepower' than making one model look like the next model...and where did you get the parts for an 'Upgrade' in those days...........

The Allan Camaro does have the 'SS' bonnet with the power bulge and non Functional Extractor 'glamour' panels,this may have been a USA add on to allow for carburation upgrade,the Grill SS badges are not fitted central (Ellis Frontal 'Tassie' Shot ) and if it was a 'factory' Big Block it would have 396 under the SS grill badge,also the front fender SS badges are set to far forward to be Factory installed, plus the 67 Camaro had a 'nose strip' with the factory SS and RS/ 396 option,the over the roof strip is not factory at all,GM/Camaro never placed stripes,factory,on the roof,not in 67/68/69,even in the 2nd Gen 70.1/2 Camaro,hood (Bonnet!!) and trunk (Boot!!) only!!.......

Nick,I would be scanning as many early 'CUSTOM RODDER' Magazines as possible or better still contact 'Eddie Ford' the editor/publisher, he sill lives in Castlemain area ,he has a great memory for these cars,as most new 'imports' would wind up in one of 'Eddies' magazines,or in the 'for sale' add's at the back of each publication,great effort so far,don't give up !!!!!!........regards thunder427/MJ
Cheers Thunder427

Thats great information and again confirms that the badges were most likely fitted by Bill Thomas Racecars as Ron Ogilvie suggested. Leo's posted photos also clearly show the Camaro all red to indicate Terry had them painted on after the first race at Calder.

From photo's I've seen 67-74 the car never had a model upgrade when race by uncle Terry and Graeme Blanchard, as you rightly say for what purpose would they do so. What happened after the Barry Wearing ownership is anyones guess. I've researched the Web for photo's in speedway and drag racing but with no luck so indications are that it may have gone "on the road". You would think someone in motor racing circles would recall a similar 67 ex circuit race Camaro in the late 70's, who knows, it is a mystery.

I'll certainly give Eddie Ford a call, your right it could have gone through their publication at some stage. I'm more determined than ever, just need to track every lead and see where it ends up.