Thread: Abandoned, Forgotten, Neglected, Race And Road Cars Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think Bricklins were a bit exotic when they first appeared, but I don't know what sort of following they have now. Were very short lived production. I remember seeing one on a run-down car yard when travelling through California about 10 years ago. It had seen better days.

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    I think Bricklins were a bit exotic when they first appeared, but I don't know what sort of following they have now. Were very short lived production. I remember seeing one on a run-down car yard when travelling through California about 10 years ago. It had seen better days.
    http://www.bricklin.org/

World Champion
    OK.....last guess. A Maserati 300S..... can I see the 'Trident' on the clutch pedal? My eyes are buggered...too much knitting!!!!

World Champion
    Ferrari,Maserati, what other brand is famously is red and Italian? 2 words

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    OK.....last guess. A Maserati 300S..... can I see the 'Trident' on the clutch pedal? My eyes are buggered...too much knitting!!!!

World Champion
    OK.......Alpha-Romeo........1900

World Champion
    Giulia

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    OK.......Alpha-Romeo........1900
    What happened to the "last guess"?
    And it's Alfa, you been pinching Jims' pills?

World Champion
    Yeh...... why do I always want to spell Alfa, Alpha.... And talking of spelling. It was suggested that we might purchase a dictionary from beowulf. I'm sure he would be happy to sell one, but are we any better off. If you don't have a pretty good idea of how a word is spelt you are no further ahead. Even getting one letter wrong in a word can throw you miles off the hunt. Take a word like 'pseudonym'....you would be hunting forever under 'S'... Spell check, on my computer anyway, is geared to American spelling, and even words I know I have got right are often underlined. Other words don't even figure in USA talk......'UNDO'...a simple little word stamped on the face of a splined wheel nut. It completely baffled the American owners of Jaguars when it appeared in the early 50's. Also...'FITTED'....if you read American writers, like Lee Child for instance, it will always be 'FIT' even though it sounds very wrong to English readers. So, sorry oldfart, I will take less of the pills and see if my spelling improves....lol