Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
If cars look similar, and also sound similar, when only an expert can tell which is which (and I certainly can't, even though I have been a spectator since FF began), then trying to educate Joe average on the finer points is not going to be very easy.
I think you're right. I can't tell the difference between the Falcodores. Quite frankly because I'm not interested and couldn't care less. The same must apply to FF for most people....

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
You are 100% correct, you are not going get people waving Elden/Crossle/Valour flags, which then means you have to come up with fairly full grids, as we have all seen fantastic wheel to wheel dices over the years.
So we've come full circle. We need more on the grid. I think we've covered all the options in the discussion to date, none of which appear at this stage to be goers due to entrenched positions of key players.

At this stage I give up, secure in the knowledge that in the Mainland we don't actually need a Tier 1 Championship. We have our own championship.

I guess there is nothing to stop the MSNZ FF Championship being SI only and piggy backing on the SIFF. There is a precedent for a one island MSNZ Race Championship in their two round Endurance Championship up north!

There again I don't think we would want MSNZ coming along and stuffing up the good thing we have got going down here!